Prologue

Mavis' POV

"MAVIS! Wake up! Mom said it's time for breakfast!" A boy's voice interrupts my dreams and shakes me awake. With a yawn, I roll over onto my back, opening my eyes to meet a pair of large olive green eyes staring down at me. My little brother, Georgie. I roll my eyes and giggle as I playfully push him away, "Get off, curly." He giggles back at me and he rolled off my feet. Georgie was only 12-years-old, he was chubby and had short blonde curls that blocks his forehead. I loved my brother so much, but he acted like a child sometimes, but I still loved him to death. And I always will.

"Kids, breakfast," I heard my mother's voice coming from the kitchen downstairs. Georgie sprinted out of my bedroom and I swing my legs off the mattress. I walked into the hallway and to the bathroom, where I start my shower.

As soon as I'm washed and dried, I go back to my room and go to my closet, pulling out a plain white t-shirt, jeans, socks, and a pair of wore-out sneakers, and I put my long blonde hair in a braid. My hiking backpack sits at the end of my bed on the floor, containing the stuff I need for today. Because after breakfast, my family and I are going on a hike in the woods that's near my house.

I rush down the stairs and sit at the kitchen table, where a plate of bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast, and a glass of milk waits for me. "Mm," my dad sighed as he finished his plate. I smile at him as I stab my eggs with my fork and put it in my mouth. "Good as always, Miranda." My mother smiled at my father. My mom's cooking was the best in the world!

"All right, who's ready for that hike?!" My dad exclaims as soon as we were done eating, and me and Georgie yelled in excitement.

We all get ready and head out the door. The day was gorgeous, the temperature was in the mid 80s, but the wind was fair, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. The forest wasn't that far, so we traveled on foot. I liked being in the woods, with the green trees and woodland animals, it almost made me feel safe. I never knew why, but it just did.

We hiked about twenty miles, stopped to take a drink from our water bottles and have lunch, which were sandwiches, and hiked about another five miles. I heard birds chirping to one another, the branches waving in the wind, the little squirrels running around in the trees and the ground. I smiled. This is my life, and I enjoy it.

Later that night, we all go back home and had meatloaf and dinner rolls for supper. Once my stomach was full, I say and kiss my family goodnight, and walk up the stairs, with Georgie following behind me. "That was fun!" He said. "Yeah, I think the best part was when you and dad jumped off that cliff and into the water." I smiled at him, and he grins back. "It was hot today." His words made us burst into laughter. Oh how I loved my family. "Mavis?" I hear my little brother ask. "Hmm?"
"Will we be together forever?" His words melts my heart, and I knelt down in front of him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Of course, li'l bro." I replied.
"Forever?" He whispers.
"Forever." I whispered back, and wrap my long arms around him. I hold him tight, and he does the same. I really wished that moment could've stayed frozen for a long time. But eventually, we had to let go.

Once we did, I walked to my room and change into my pajamas, leaving my braid in as I crawl under the sheets and rest my head on the pillow. I look down at my bracelet from my brother. It's a woven, bangle, leather bracelet with some black and white rope tied with it. Georgie gave it to me for my birthday, and I haven't taken it off since then.

My eyes started to get heavy, and they closed. What I didn't know was when I wake up, danger and a whole new adventure waits for me.

And I didn't know until then. And no one told me to prepare for it.

{Hey guys, so here's the prologue for the story, and sorry if it kind of sucked, but don't worry. This is where the adventure begins, and exciting stuff will head your way (especially after this part). Remember to like this story and follow me on Twitter (@Kelsey07396308). Love you.! :)}