Chapter 25

{For this chapter it'll be about how Mavis worked for WICKED and how she got into the Maze. Enjoy.! 😊}

Songs for this chapter:

•Lithium by Evanescence

•Demons by Imagine Dragons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

I'm back in the place that I keep seeing in my dreams, the laboratory, and everything seems clear now. I keep hearing voices; Thomas and Teresa.

"WICKED is good."

"WICKED is good."

I'm then seated next to Teresa and Thomas is across from us, and we keep looking at each other. Suddenly, I see Newt, Alby, Minho, and Gally drowning in water in front of me. What's going on? What was I doing in that place?

Then, another scene comes, but it's not in the laboratory. It's at my house, and I'm sound asleep in my room. That is, until, I hear the front door from downstairs burst open, and I wake up. I hear voices, men's voices from the living room. My father's cursing and my mother's shriek of terror. There's more slamming noises, and I spring out of bed. I was terrified. I quietly open my door and hear my father shout, "I don't give a damn what Paige says, she's not getting my daughter back! Miranda, go and protect the kids! I'll hold them off! Go!" Hold who off? And, why did they want me? "Sir, you have ten seconds to hand over your daughter or you all will be taken into custody." A gruff voice warns.

I hear my mom running up the stairs. She sees me from the doorway to my room and rushes over to me, fear in her eyes. The same color as mine. "Mom, what's going on?" I whisper. "It's them. They're here to take you, bring you back to that awful place." She says in a hushed voice. We gasp as we hear thumping sounds and groans from downstairs. "I want you to stay in here and hide. Don't make a sound." She demands and I oblige as she runs to Georgie's room and I quickly close the door and flatten my stomach on the floor underneath my bed.

I hear more shouts and stomps. What was going on? What is happening? And who wanted me? The door bursts open and my breath hitches in my throat as I see boots stomping around my room. "Search the closet." A man says, and tears run down my face. Why did these men want me?

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands grabbing my ankles and I scream as I'm pulled out from under my bed. I look up and saw a man in a white suit, a shaven beard and dark hair with gray strands picking me up and pins my hands behind my back, like I'm getting arrested. "I found her! I got the Special!" He shouts as he takes me downstairs where a group of other men in the same colored suits but loaded with guns are in the room. One of them is holding my dad against the wall. What did that man mean that I'm "the Special"?

The man who found me in my room
pushes me up against the wall so hard, I twisted my neck and it explodes with pain, and I cry out. My dad is on my left. "Dad, what's going on?" I groan. "I don't know. I think it's her, sweetie. Dr. Paige." He says. Dr. Paige? Wait a minute, is she the woman I used to work--

"We found the last two!" I turn my neck around slowly and gasp as I see two men with my mom and Georgie. "Chancellor Paige wants all of them to come." Another man says, and they all order us to get our shoes on and we do. Then they take us out into the dark night and throws us into the back of a truck, slamming the doors shut. I crawl over to my little brother and hold him tight in my arms, his whimpering makes me feel more frightened.

Then the truck starts and we all slide across the metal floor when it goes very fast. I suddenly remember where they're taking us; WICKED. Dr. Paige.