Chapter 29

An hour later, while we all are still in the helicopter, everyone falls asleep and I'm sitting where the long-haired sat by the window, looking out at the world while my father is talking to the other men that's onboard. It's nothing like I remembered, where everything was peaceful and normal. Now, it's like a burning wasteland.

I lean forward and press my forehead against the glass, closing my eyes. No doubt that I'll have nightmares about everything that has happened, and surely, Chuck, Georgie, and my mom will join the others that had died in them. Why has the world gone mad? Dear God, please tell me why.

"Love?" I lean away and turn my head to see Newt, slowly waking up and sitting up straight in his seat. "Hey. Have a nice nap?" I say. "Yeah. I'm sorry about your mum and brother." He says, and I sigh. It's quiet again until he speaks up, "So..that guy was your dad, huh?" I look over and see my dad, still talking. "Yep." I say, turning back to my boyfriend. Then I remember that I have to tell him.

"Newt, there's something I must tell you." I say, and he listens. "Remember last week, back at the Glade, when we went to the creek?" I ask, and he nods. "And do you remember what we did after we left?" He nods again. Here it goes. "I finally figured out why I've been sick."

"Really? What is it?" Newt asks. I take a deep breath. What will he do or say when I tell him? I stay quiet, trying to find the words to say.

"Mavis?" I ignore him. "Mavis, what is it?" I look up at Newt and grab both of his hands, looking at him straight in the eye. "Newt," I begin, take a deep breath. I say the two word as slow and steady like time has stopped, "I'm pregnant."

{OMG!!!!!! Did she just say that she's pregnant?!?! Is Newt gonna be a daddy?!?! I know that some of you didn't want Navis to be parents, but I wanted to. I only did it because it's my idea. So please don't stop reading my stories and hate me. Yes, I know that they're only sixteen, but don't worry, I have it all planned out how the pregnancy will be in the second book. One more chapter to go! Enjoy, and thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it! Love you all soooo much!}