3

~*~Author POV

~*~
Author POV

Jimin stood with his hands knotted in his hair looking up and down the beach. The medical kit lay abandoned at his feet, seems like he wasn't going to need it.

There was no sign of the red haired merman. Maybe the screech the merman had made was a message that Jimin didn't understand at the time and still couldn't understand.

But then came a screeching sound, softer and less aggressive this time. Jimin's head turned to hear the sound, his eyes fixating on the rocky outcrop that lay to the North end of the beach.

He could see the same red hair and scales from his place on the beach. It was the merman. He picked up the medical kit from beside his sandy feet and took off running.

The merman made some sort of sound when he noticed Jimin was coming. It was a high pitched whistling sound. He reached the rocky outcrop at the fastest time he had ever run.

He carefully treaded across the sharp rocks, being wary not to cut or injure his feet, but then again he did have the medical kit with him so he could see to a self made injury if need be.

He sat crossed legged about a metre infront of the merman. The merman lent forwards on his hands to get closer. The necklace of pearls and shells hanging from his neck rather than sitting against his collarbone.

Jimin allowed himself to observe the merman up close. He had long red hair that was slightly curly at the ends, it lay just at his collar bone, hiding the necklace string around his neck. His ears were pointed with many rings hanging from them in a clumsy artistry. None of the colours matched, but he pulled it off in a way.

He had a flushed skin colour, his entire face was a tinted red. It ran down his torso, that was littered with inconsistent scales. Some seemed to be missing Jimin wondered if it was from when he was injured on the beach. His fingers were long an slender where he grasped at the rocky ground holding himself up with tensing muscles. He shifted over so slightly on occasion, probably because taking his full weight on his hands and wrists was tiring.

His tale that was now hidden within the water was long Jimin remembered, it had extended into the water when Jimin had found him face down in the sand. His pitch black eyes (that covered the entirety of his eyes, no white) were as excited as his tale was, Jimin saw it rise and hit the water with little splashing sounds, much like a dog would wag its tail in excitement.

The merman lent forward again, he make a snickering sound much like a dolphin, reaching out his head to rub his wet cheek against Jimin's. A slender had came to reach for Jimin, Jimin allowed it out of curiosity.