6

"Normal" - Jimin talking"Merman" - Jimin doesn't understand

"Merman" - Jimin doesn't understand

~*~
Author POV

Jimin was stood over a large bowl of kimchi. He had seen how much the mermen liked it so he made a giant batch of it. He began to place them in individual tubs to give to each of the mermen when he went down to the beach.

He took a bite of some of it and deemed it good enough, not as good as his Grandma's had been, but it still tasted good. He happily packed the food into a waterproof backpack, slipped on his hiking boots as he intended to go and have a look around the caves at the south of the island.

He headed out of the house, closing the rickety door behind him, he had managed to reattach the broken wood onto the hinges so now it swung shut, but it was dangerously close to breaking each time the door was shut.

He headed over the the rough land towards the south of the island. He pulled his bucket hat over his soft pink hair pulling it down to cover his eyes from the sun. He wrapped a hand around the backpack strap as he headed down the crumbling descent towards the south end beach.

~*~

Eventually after 30 minutes he made it to the beach. His body was almost over heating from the temperature. He placed his back pack down on some of the raised rocks. The backpack was a bright colour so he would he able to spot it when he came back.

He slipped off his t-shirt and took off his hiking boots. He wanted to quickly cool down in the sea before he headed into the caves.

He let out a sigh of relief as the lukewarm water hit his skin as he waded into the shallow part of the water in the bay. He dunked his head into the water, letting the cool water lessen the heat of his scalp. He dragged his hands through his now wet hair, pushing his fringe out of his eyes.

He could see the water moving ahead of him. It looked like a shark moving in the water. Jimin jumped back when someone popped up right infront of him and slammed into his chest.

It was the navy merman from the day before. Jimin was dunked under the water with the force of the collision. When he breached from the water he came up coughing and spluttering.

The merman made a high pitched noise and Jimin reeled back at the intensity of it so close. He covered his ears from the noise in fact. The merman tilted his head in confusion. Before he copied Jimin's actions covering his ears with his own hands.

Then he smiled at Jimin as if he should be proud of him. Jimin grinned when the merman stopped making the ear piercing noise.