"Normal" - Jimin's language "Merman" - merman's language "Sign language" - both understand

"Merman" - merman's language
"Sign language" - both understand

~*~
Author POV

It was about half an hour before they reached the mainland that Jimin remembered that he was an popular idol. He was well known through the Kpop industry and being away from it all had almost pushed it out of his mind.

He fixed his hat so that it came down lower on his face, disguising him to an extent. Taehyung flicked it back up again.

"No hide" Taehyung told him, face scrunched up in distaste.

"I have to" Jimin signed back and pulled it down once again.

"Why?" Namjoon asked. Why would he need to hide, unless it was dangerous to return to the mainland.

"I am popular among humans. They may want to talk to me so I hide" Jimin explained it as best as he could with terminology he hoped was simple enough.

"Like royalty?" Jin asked.

"In a way yes?" Jimin replied. If that is how they would understand that is how he would explain it.

"So he is royalty and his kingdom has been over thrown by the cat" Hoseok concluded from the conversation.

"Here put these on" Jimin opened his duffel bag. Gesturing to the clothing inside.

"Why?" Jungkook asked. Looking at the clothing with confusion.

"Humans wear clothing you need to blend in if you want to come with me. If they see you are mermen they will capture you and take you away to be tested on" Jimin stated, hoping his clear defined hand gestures would express the severity of his words.

Watching the mermen try to dress themselves on a rocking boat was entertaining to say the least. The amount of heads that tried to go through arm holes was to many to count. They were thoroughly confused by the object that was clothing.

"Why do humans wear these clothing. It itches" Jin pulled at the collar of his t-shirt.

Jimin really didn't know how he was even going to pull this off. The mermen were multicolored. Their scales too distinctive. It lined their faces, arms, all of their skin to summarise. There was no way he was going to be able to do what he needed to do on the main land. If only the island had wifi and he could do order and deliver. Sadly that was not the case.

"I like it" Taehyung admired his blue and white stripped top with curiosity. He pulled on the too short sleeves that hid his navy blue scales.

Unfortunately he didn't have any shoes that fit the mermen so they walked bare foot as they moved onto the main land.

"Come on we need to get going" Jimin instructed them as he moored his boat and checked in with the dock master.

The mermen wobbled like drunken sailors as they attempted to walk on the mainland. Jimin sighed and held out his hand to Jungkook who was struggling the most. Apparently he had only just learnt how to shift his tail into legs since he met Jimin. So this was the first time he was doing it on the mainland and actually having to walk.

Jungkook looked appreciate at the help and practically latched himself onto Jimin's side like a limpet. The others followed behind him a subdued pace. It was a mixture of learning how to walk on 2 legs and fascination of the new world they had yet to experience.

Before meeting Jimin they had no need to go onto the main land and walk around as humans did. But after the discovery of their mate they wished to explore this new world with him and delight in the ways of the humans.

There seemed to be a farmers market on. The town they had moored at was small and communal so it posed less risk. Jimin walked into the market the mermen following behind him. He just needed to get to a internet cafe so that he could do the necessary order of materials.

"Taehyung put that down" Jimin signed after he tapped the navy merman on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Why?" Taehyung signed back, he did put the item down but with an annoyed look on his face.

"You have to pay for it if you want to take it" Jimin told him.

"Like with seckles" Namjoon asked.

Jimin didn't know what 'seckles' were. But he guessed it was some sort of currency for the mermen so he merely nodded.

"Don't pick anything up unless you want to pay for it" Yoongi signed to the group. They nodded. Jimin sighed he knew he was probably going to have to buy at least a couple of things throughout the day to appease the mermen's curiosity.

"Bracelet" Jungkook pointed out the stand of bracelets.

"Yeah" Jimin signed back as he scrolled through his phone using his data to find an internet cafe.

"I get" Jungkook asked.

Jimin looked to the price tags and pulled some money out of his pocket handing it to Jungkook.

Jungkook approached the stall seller. He pointed to a bracelet, the man behind the stall startled at the merman's appearance.

"What are you?" The man looked terrified. Especially when Jungkook tried to smile at him, his fang like teeth glinting.

"Oh, sorry for my friend. We are doing some cosplay. He likes the costumes to look realistic" Jimin quickly took charge of the situation.

"Wait you're that idol Jimin" the man exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes I am. Could you please not mention it. I am on vacation due to family reasons." Jimin responded, his put a pouted look on his face, one he knew people couldn't resist.

The man nodded with awe. He probably had never expected to see an idol at his stall.

"What would your friend like?" He asked his voice changing from its previously scared tone to one of enthusiasm.

"Which one would you like?" Jimin signed to Jungkook.

Jungkook pointed to a red one. Of course he did. Jimin smiled fondly. Handing over the money and signing a piece of paper with his autograph to the man behind the stall.

"Come on I found a place for us to go" Jimin said to his wayward mermen.

They obediently followed after him. Jimin just knew he would have to be more careful. If that is how the stall seller reacted he needed to try and keep the mermen out of sight as much as possible. Not an easy task if you asked him.

~*~

Another chapter done.

I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter