36

"Normal" - Jimin's language"Mer" - Merman's language"Sign language" - both understand

"Mer" - Merman's language
"Sign language" - both understand

~*~

Author POV

The bag was removed from Jimin's head, he looked around dazed, the knock to his head in the van had ceased bleeding but he was still feeling very dizzy as he was dragged to his uncooperative feet.

Pulled along he was able to roughly see the man's face in the dark. His eyes widened when he remembered it was the man who had almost attacked him in the sand dunes a few days ago. They were from the company that had taken Jin.

He dreaded where they were taking him as he saw the sand dunes leading down to the beach Jimin typically met the mermen at when night fell. His feet hit the sand of the beach, the sand spilled over his trainers that were almost slipping off his feet since he hadn't tied them on well after getting out of the river in the park.

"Call them" that was the same voice of the woman who had spoken to him last time. Jimin froze up in fear.

He didn't want the others to be captured, he dreaded to think what they were doing to Jin in one of their laboratories. The thoughts haunted his mind like a continuous nightmare he couldn't escape from.

"I can't they only come when they want" Jimin tried to distract them. If he could make it seem like he had no control when the mermen would come to see him perhaps they would be less interested.

"You lied" the woman stated plainly. Jimin froze up had he been that obvious, unaware he was giving himself away by his reaction to the woman's statement.

"Call them and I promise not to kill the mermen we currently have at my company" she bargained.

"Why do you need them, why can't you leave them be in their home" Jimin asked.

"Because they are new and I want to be the one to present them to the Science directive" the woman stated plainly.

"But then they would be hunted" Jimin looked horrified, not that she could see his face much in the darkening night.

"All for the good of science I assure you" she tried to reason.

"No, they are clever, more intelligent than some people I have met. You are not going to turn them into science experiments" Jimin looked up at his captors with defiance.

"Well if they are like any predator of the sea, then this should work" Jimin didn't have time to wonder what he meant. She slashed at one of his bound hands, leaving a precise cut across his palm, he cried out in pain.

She was trying to bait the mermen, like sharks, with his blood. She ordered the two burly men with her to lift him and drop him into the shallows of the ocean. Jimin didn't have time to escape, he could only resign to his fate as he knew the mermen would come to him like he was a beacon.