28

'Normal' - Jimin's language 'Mermen' - mermen's language 'Sign language' - both understand

'Mermen' - mermen's language
'Sign language' - both understand

~*~
Author POV

1.5 months later:

Although the original plan had him only staying to help raise popularity for a month. Jimin somehow got roped into performing 3 concerts, though they were only in Seoul so he didn't have to travel.

He had to admit as he sang to the audience chanting his name he felt good. Felt the adrenaline rush, the excitement of the crowd addicting.

He sang with a smile on his face, belting out notes he hadn't done for a while, his fans were happy that he was back and performing. Though some had complained to the company that they had cut short Jimin's grieving time.

The Minnies were always protective of him, Jimin was sure he had enough  of them to take over a country or something. He had no doubt they would rally behind him like an army if he asked it of them.

But despite his love of the stage he felt as if he had left a part of his heart upon the island he had departed from around a month and a half ago. He had tried to find a way out to at least visit the island briefly.

He felt a gnawing sense of guilt that had coiled around his stomach and heart, pulling tight. Just at the mere thought he had left the mermen on the island and was unable to let them know he was alright.

He had no time to even go to somewhere where he could place his hand into the salty water, allow the mermen to feel his presence even if it was brief. But Seoul was a densely populated place, he couldn't risk the mermen's safety, he couldn't imagine what would happen should they be caught by humans.

~*~

They had been searching for many days for their mate, it was like he had just vanished. The boat was gone from the pier Jimin parked it upon on the island. So they knew he had to be on the mainland, but the thought of going on land longer than a couple of hours was daunting, the longer they spent out of water the more damage they did to their bodies.

They had searched the entirety of the island just incase, but had come across nothing but barren rocks and the cats that seemed to roam wherever they wanted, they had hissed at them everytime they had crossed paths. Latte was now completely terrified of them.

They at last resorted to braving heading to the mainland, they had been receiving lessons with Hyun to learn how to speak the human language better so they could communicate.

"Hyun where do you believe our mate is?" Namjoon questioned the older mer.

The once human hummed alittle as he thought.

"Knowing Jimin he would probably returned to his job, he is such a workaholic, getting him to rest was always difficult, he felt like he always needed to improve" Hyun stated in, running his hand through his wild hair as he spoke.

"Where does he work?" Jin pushed forward, he had Jungkook latched onto his back, the youngest mer was tired, he had been patrolling around the island all night, unable to sleep wanting-hoping for their mate's return.

So Jin had bundled him onto his back, with strips of seaweed that had been treated, they made for good harnesses to carry young or injured mer. The youngest dozed on his back none the wiser to his surroundings.

"He works in the capital of his home land. It is quite a while away from the port you have been too before. It will be dangerous, there will be more people who would be out to get you if they saw you there" Hyun stated.

"We accept the risk, we want to see our mate" Hoseok spoke, voice determined.

"Then I will take you there, we should go to the island tomorrow, I have some old clothing there we can use it when we go to the mainland." Hyun suggested.

They agreed upon the plan, all of them departing to head home to get a night of rest before departing to the mainland in the morning.

~*~

Jimin was exhausted to say the least, the agency had established a schedule for him that was wearing him down. He had barely had a full night of rest or a moment to relax since he had returned to being an idol.

He loved his job, his fans and the feeling of being on the stage. He hadn't missed the hours of practice that wore him down and set exhaustion deep into his bones, wearing him down as if his body was made of lead. Limbs numb and aching for rest.

He collapsed to the hotel bed, the 3 hours he had been given were his own, as much as he would like to do something productive or fun, he just needed sleep. He had less than 5 hours of sleep over the past 2 days and it was starting to take its toll.

Being on the island he had gained alittle weight and become alittle unfitter as he hadn't been keeping to the strict schedule he was usually completing and his body was screaming at him to stop.

Jimin felt tears fall down his cheeks, he missed his mermen, he wanted to return to an island he had now come to associate with home.

He wanted to go and apologise to his mermen for being away from them so long without warning. He wanted to cuddle up on the rickety old sofa with Mocha and Latte. Make human dishes that always seemed to surprise the mermen, the flavours unknown to them.

He wanted to play music on the beach, with a silent audience who was entranced by his music. Not scream it out on a stage to people who yelled a range of things to him.

He just wanted his island and his mermen, he never occurred to him how much he would miss it, miss them.

~*~

He remained entirely unaware as the tears ran down his cheeks of the mermen that was shrieking for him, caught in the net of a sailor.

Rope cutting into scales.

~*~

So another chapter down. Also I'm surprised none of you managed to get the hint in the past chapter (at least the people who commented that is). I mean it is mentioned briefly in passing.

Anyway who do you think is caught in the net?

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter