26

'Normal' - Jimin's language 'Mermen' - merman's language 'Sign language' - both understand

'Mermen' - merman's language
'Sign language' - both understand

~*~
Author POV

Jimin had packed his bags and left out plenty of meals for Latte and Mocha who had showed up around midnight that day like they knew he was leaving.

He had lay with them curled into his side, purring affectionately. He had pet them until sleep pulled him under and into the warmth of the dream world mixed with the cool air from the island (the windows still hadn't been replaced).

Jimin woke fairly early, he had planned to leave early, and head to the meeting place with his manager. Then he would return to the island in the evening, pretending to leave something behind so that he could inform the mermen of the change and how long he would be away for.

He double checked everything, he took off his shell necklace that his grandmother had made. Placing it on the table. But when he turned his backpack knocked it to the floor but he didn't hear due to the sound of his boots hitting the creaky floorboards.

It remained unbroken as he shut the door and headed down the pier where his boat was docked. He made his way admiring the scenery and serenity of the island that he would be leaving for the loud bustling cities and crowds.

He had loved living on the island so far, the peace and quiet had done him good. The mermen were definitely helping factors in them, with them around he didn't need and human interaction and that was fine for him.

He stepped in the boat, careful not to touch any of the water outside the boat, incase he risked calling the mermen to his position.

~*~

The boat left swiftly and he was at the mainland in an hour. And at the cafe where he was too meet his manager in 30 minutes.

"Jimin it is good to see you. You look well" his manager, Dominick, was at the door to meet him and he reached out to hug him briefly.

Jimin returned the hug from a man he saw as his father.

"I'm warning you the main manager for the idols is here. The one who organised world tours and decides who passes auditions. I don't agree with his views" Dominick stated.

Jimin nodded in thanks at the heads up, and they approached the table together.

The manager, Dhani, was the man who had approved Jimin for audition. He remembers the stern man, with a full moustache and thick eyebrows. He had scared the 16 year old Jimin at the time, and he still scared him to this day.

He took a seat, Dhani glanced at his watch and nodded, evidently pleased Jimin had turned up on time. Jimin knew he liked punctuality and had fired people for not arriving on time, even when they had proof they had been stuck in heavy traffic.

"It is good to see you my shiny star Jimin" Dhani always spoke with praise to idols that made him wealthier.

Jimin was top of that list, being he most popular idol hired under the company. With a loyal fanbase that spread worldwide and remained strong.

"Likewise sir" Jimin spoke respectfully.

"I am going to be frank with you Jimin. The company is struggling, you are our only shining idol at the moment, new debuting groups aren't gaining the popularity we need them too." Dhani stated.

Jimin had to resist the temptation to say that Dhani had disbanded groups that didn't grow popularity before they even had the chance, but wisely he kept it to himself.

"I need to you come to the office, I am not going to send you on a world tour or anything. That would cost too much at the present time. But I need you to write a new song or something, do a couple of v lives. Bring some attention back to the company, mention debuting groups, raise their popularity too." Dhani instructed.

"How long would you need me sir, I am still within my grieving time. I do have a new song I have written when I was on family time. Would that be alright. I can send it to Dominick to look over." Jimin was trying to impress Dhani to let him go quicker.

"Have you now, if it is good I want you to come to the studio and record it. I would only need a month from you, then you can return to your grieving period, we will add the month onto the end of your original time" Dhani spoke.

"That would be fine sir" Jimin agreed.

He strategically reached up to his neck. He put on a carefully crafted panicked look, as he felt around his collar bone, acting like he had 'forgotten' something.

"Everything alright Jimin?" Dominick asked.

"I've forgotten my necklace, it is something my grandmother made for me." Jimin responded.

"Well we need to be going" Dhani was less interested in Jimin's 'crisis'.

"But sir I need it" Jimin protested.

Dhani gave him a sharp look.
"You said you forgot it. So this necklace is safe in the place where you left it and you know where it is." Dhani spoke.

"Yes sir, the place I am staying is only an hour and a half away. I could go an get it" Jimin suggested.

"No, it took you an hour and a half to get here, which means it would be an hour and a half each way. I do not have time for that. I have booked us a train to Seoul and it departs in 40 minutes." Dhani spoke firmly.

"But-" Dhani gave him a sharp look that cut off any further protests he could have made.

When they left the cafe, Jimin's eyes were on the ocean on the horizon. He had a longing to return, he didn't get to tell the mermen, what would they think?

~*~

Back on the island a scream so powerful scared all surrounding the place of serenity.

It was a scream of both anger and pain. Grief palpable in every syllable.

A necklace clutched in a scaly clawed hand, and tears streaming down a tear tracked face.

~*~

The music I was listening to made the last few lines feel so powerful.
(It was called Time by Hans Zimmer if you want to listen to it, the moment was near the end)

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter