4

●○●Author POV

●○●
Author POV

Jimin sat inside the beaten house, hot chocolate beside him, legs tucked under a blanket. There was no heating in the house so he had to make do with what he had. While it was hot throughout the day the island got surprisingly cold during the night when the sun no longer shined.

He was looking at his Grandfather's notes hoping to find something about the merman he saw earlier. Perhaps even some rough idea of how to communicate with them in some way. Because quite frankly Jimin had no clue how.

~*~

Meanwhile the merman was still swimming along the shore. He couldn't move on the land, he hadn't learned how. It never seemed necessary the humans were evil according to their ancestors so they kept out of their way. Swimming in the deeper parts of the oceans where no human could go, no matter how advanced their technology.

But now that the merman saw his mate, his human mate it seemed so important. Mermen and maids could make their tales turn into the legs of a human's on land if necessary. However they didn't loosen their scales or outward appearance. Instead they would just have scaled legs instead of a tale.

"Jungkook you have been coming to the shore too often what has got you so fascinated?" Namjoon, an elder he looked up too asked.

"Our mate is a human. He is living in that house up there on the cliffs." Jungkook pointed to the house with a single glowing light from a window.

Namjoon's eyes widened.

"You believe he is our mate?" Namjoon looked hopeful.

"His scent showed me no lies. He is our mate I feel so content around him like a storm that has been quelled by the calmest of winds." Jungkook responded.

"He won't be down here until tomorrow morning. We should rest" Namjoon advised.

Jungkook nodded but he couldn't keep his eyes off the house with the little light window. At least his mate was safe, even if he couldn't be there with him.

He dived under the waves following Namjoon to their home. They lived in one of the biggest caves under the sea. It had been hollowed out neatly to serve as a home.

He lived with 5 others including Namjoon, when they had been given the dream of their mate on their 18th birthday realising they shared the same mate they had gotten to know eachother better. If they were to share a mate they needed to get along.

"Its late where have you 2 been?" Jin swam up to them when they entered the cave entrance. It was a tight fit so sharks couldn't get in.

"Jungkook thinks he has found our mate." Namjoon told him.

"Where is he?" Jin asked. That had all the others swimming up to them in excitement. They had been waiting for years to meet their mate.

"He is a human, he has come to live on the island." Jungkook shared.

"How did you find him?" Taehyung asked.

"The storm that happened a couple of days ago, I was struck by one of the planks of wood from the old wreckage. I was washed up on the beach he saw me then. I tried to stop him from running but he left. But he returned later but then he ran again." Jungkook provided all that he knew.

"I want to see him" Taehyung declared.

"He is currently in his home for the night. We should go in the morning" Namjoon suggested.

"I agree" Yoongi said. Hoseok nodded from his place beside Yoongi.

"Alright, I have made us some food if you want any it's in the kitchen" Jin gestured towards the kitchen turning and swimming away into one of the caves rooms. His room. Yoongi followed him as they shared their room.

Taehyung swam to his room till only Namjoon and Jungkook were left they ate the fish that Jin had prepared. Before retiring for the night.

~*~

Jimin had spent all night looking through the journals and diaries his Grandfather had. He had barely grazed the surface, his Grandfather had been on the island for over 30 years afterall so he had journal after journal of notes taken, discoveries made.

Jimin got his own blank journal from his back pack. If his Grandfather hadn't made notes he was going to. The merman fascinated him and he wasn't one to let his common sense dull his curiosity. The merman had given him no reason to fear him, he had quite frankly acted like a cat when he nuzzled him, mixed with a puppy when he splashed his tale.

Jimin got a packet of pencils, some to draw with, some for colouring. He placed them on the bench. Preparing breakfast for himself in the mean time, some pancakes while the pancakes were cooking he began to make himself a box of snacks incase he stayed on the beach longer than expected.

Breakfast eaten, lunch made. He grabbed the lunch box, his journal and pencils. Then applied some suncream, he didn't want to burn. Placed a bucket hat on top of his pink hair. Then headed down to the beach in his battered flip flops.

When he got down to the beach he headed for the rocky outcrop where he had seen the merman last. Navigating his way across the sharp rocks, he laughed to himself when he stumbled. He took a seat on the rock edge slipping his feet into the water after taking off his flip flops.

Pulling out his journal he began to draw. The sea, the cliff faces anything that caught his fancy. He could feel inspiration hitting him, how he wished he could compose music where he was. Unfortunately he had no recording equipment and his computer and laptop had no charging points in the house so he was leaving the battery in case of an emergency.

He looked out to sea trying to get a glimpse of the merman from the day before. He almost screamed when he suddenly appeared right infront of him and then preceded to almost faint when he saw 5 more appear behind him.

6 mermen looked at their human mate and he looked back.

●○●

I hope you liked it.

A bit of insight into the mermen's lives.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter