18

"Normal" - Jimin's language "Merman" - mermen's language "Sign language" - both understand

"Merman" - mermen's language
"Sign language" - both understand

~*~
Author POV

Jimin kept his promise. He made a large batch of kimchi for the mermen who hadn't let him leave 2 days earlier without promising them some. He did it under the watchful eyes of Latte and Mocha. The 2 cats had bonded quickly over night.

Mocha had curled up beside him as he slept, quickly becoming as attached as Latte had when Jimin had first found him. Now she followed him around the house meowing to her saviour.

Now he had packed 2 large freezer bags of stuff to cook on a barbecue for the mermen. He noticed his stocks were beginning to get low, he would have to travel to the mainland soon to gather more supplies. Maybe some more building materials to fix the house while he was at it.

He hefted the heavy bags up. He had filled a backpack and 2 hand held bags full of food. One had the barbeque parts in it so he could set it up when he got down to the beach.

His cats followed him as he left the house, the scratches were still on his arms from Mocha yesterday but it was much too hot to put a jumper on.

He sighed in relief when he made it to the beach 15 minutes later. The bags beginning to feel too heavy in his hands. Least they would be lighter on the return journey he reminded himself.

He placed the bags on the beach, Latte and Mocha jumped on top of them as if they intended to protect his stuff. Latte sending sceptical looks towards the water. Jimin didn't blame him.

He walked to the water and stood with his feet in the waves. Waiting for his mermen to appear. It didn't take them long. They swam as efficiently as dolphins as they made their way to the beach.

Taehyung clearly had forgotten their conversation about not tackling him and in his excitement he knocked Jimin over till he landed on his back. A wheezed breath coming out of his chest as he was momentarily winded.

He lay there, trying to catch his breath. Taehyung had back up realising something was wrong. Jimin lent to the side so he could breath easier, as it was more difficult on his side. He cave a hoarse cough.

"Jiminie ok?" Taehyung signed.

"Winded" Jimin distractedly signed back.

"Winded?" Namjoon ever the scholar was curious as to what the word meant.

Jimin caught his breath and sat up.

"Taehyung knocked into me hard and winded me. It basically means that all the air was hit out of my lungs and I couldn't breath" Jimin explained to them.

Taehyung looked horrified.

"Tae forgot Jiminie said not to do it. Tae was excited to see Jiminie" Taehyung looked apologetic. His pitch black eyes were welling up.

Jimin didn't know whether mermen could cry, but he didn't want to find out. He pulled Taehyung close to him again and rubbed cheeks until the navy merman had calmed down again.

"Tae will remember next time" Taehyung promised him, nodding his head as if to affirm his decision.

"Thank you" Jimin signs.

"What happened to your arms?" Yoongi signed when he had Jimin's attention.

And just like that, all of the mermen's attention snapped to his arms that were lined with red scratches, they were burning alittle from the salty sea water.

Jimin looked excited, he stood up and ran up the beach. He picked up Mocha who immediately purred from the affection. He carried her down to the water. Showing her off to the mermen with a proud smile.

"I found her, I called her Mocha" Jimin signed to them.

The mermen looked to the scratches then to the cat in Jimin's arms. Jimin was surprised when they let out furious screeches and hisses at the cat in Jimin's arms. Mocha wasn't having it, she let out her own yowling his at them.

This shut them up, they narrowed their eyes at the cat.

"So the cat has recruited an ally. This means that Jimin is at more risk" Namjoon told the mermen in their language.

Jimin oblivious as he petted Mocha to calm her down, Latte though hesitant had come down to the water. Jungkook sent a splash of water his way. Latte hissed in fury and attached himself to Jimin's leg, climbing up him till he too was resting comfortably in his human's arms.

"He recruited a warrior clearly. The first cat is crafty, but this one can fight back" Jin stated.

"We must have angered the cat when we attacked it with water. And it got the other cat to attack Jimin as pay back" Hoseok theorised.

The mermen made unified nods at that.

"We must break our human free from their small furry hands" Jungkook stated.

That was something they all decided on. They turned predatory gazes on the cats in Jimin's arms.

"I brought the food like I promised. I have alot of it, so I hope you are hungry." Jimin told them cheerfully.

Jimin put the cats down as he made his way up the beach.

"I've got kimchi" he told Taehyung and Jungkook. Who perked up at the thought of their favourite food the human had produced for them on their first meeting.

He handed them leaves full of the spicy cabbage. Taehyung grinned sharp fang filled grins at him. Then began to munch on their snack. The others ate but at a more subdued pace.

"I've got to go to the mainland in about 2 days, I need more supplies" Jimin told them.

"Mainland?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes, to my home" Jimin told him.

"But your home is here" Jungkook stated confused.

"No I am on holiday here. I live and work on the mainland. I don't live here permanently." Jimin informed them.

This got him a bunch of frowning faces. They all looked betrayed.

"Jiminie wants to leave us?" The way Taehyung signed it made Jimin's heart break.

~*~

So another chapter done.

I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter