Chapter 33

(Leons pov)

We just arrived at the hotel. Nattlie's getting ready in her room and I'm getting ready in mine. There is a lady by the name of "Jennifer. Just Jennifer sweets" as she says, to help me get ready. I sat on the chair as she started cutting bits of my hair and styling it.

"I'm not gonna cut too much but it needs a little trim. Now tell me what style are we doing?" asked Jennifer.

I sat there not saying a word.

"Any styles you want to maybe mix up and play around with?"

I sat there not saying a word.

"Alright sweets if this is going to work between us we gonna have to communicate" she said as a little joke.

"There's no relationship without trust" I stated.

She laughed and started doing her thing. Three hours later and Jennifer was finally done. Who knew it took this long to do hair and to get dressed, no wonder women take long. Now to meet Nattlies dad. I've never seen him before and Nattlie isn't going to be there when we meet so it's safe to say that I'm terrified. Just before I met Nattlies dad, her mother came to my room to introduce herself. She said I should call her Victoria or Vicky for short. Me being the way I am now I'm keeping it safe with Mrs. Miller.

"Or you can call me that. Just remember to call my husband Mr. Miller. He might only be her step father but you would have been safer with her real dad. My husband has no children of his own so he can be a little on the protective side. He's always been one for protecting the family which I admire." she said briefing me before we get to her hotel room.

I open the door for her and she walks in. Mr. Miller is sitting on a chair reading a fashion magazine. I've never seen a straight guy looking through one because he is interested before.

"Take note sweetheart. The tiger skin is in. I don't know why but I guess its what the public wants. We will change that first thing tomorrow. Have you..." Mr. Miller stopped talking as he saw me.

That's when it hit me. It's him! Mr. X! Mr. Miller is Mr. X?! How though?

"Ahhh, you must be Leon. Nice to meet you I'm Mr. Miller but you can call me Mr. Miller." he said with a little chuckle.

I didn't know what to say. I never forget a face so I know it is him.

"Has Nattlie given you the run down?"

"Yes sir she has" was all that came out my mouth. I wonder if Nattlie knows the truth about her step father or if his own wife knows. I'm not gonna bring it up and just play it safe.

"My dearest wife would you mind if I have a little chat to Leon here. You know the father and daughters boyfriend talk." he said walking her to the door. She had a smile on her face and didn't object.

The door closed and it was just the two of us.

"Mr. Collins? I had a feeling that name sounded familiar and I was right when I looked you up. I was planning to get your number to call you for your measurements but it turned out I already know. So tell me now how are you Mr. Hunter? How is Simone doing? We have been keeping an eye on him and it hasn't been looking good. You on the other hand we haven't really heard about which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing."

"Mr. X I..." he cut me off by just raising his hand.

"Please call me Mr. Miller. I don't need my wife hearing and asking questions. Yes my wife doesn't know and neither does Nattlie. I would like to keep it that way thank you. Is that clear?" he asked seriously.

"Crystal clear sir"

"Good and I'm sure you know the rest... break her heart and I hurt you unfortunately with me it's... break her heart and I'll contact the people who can break you."

I didn't dare take it lightly as I know he's serious.

"Good. Now enjoy the evening and don't mess up. This contract means a great deal and if I land it... well lets just say it will benefit you as well."

I didn't bother asking and questions.

We made our way to the hall. As we walk through the doors I feel the passion of the musicians through their music. It is quite something. The music is delightful. Everyone dressed in white, black or red and the smell of food was satisfying enough. Everything looked perfect.

The introductions soon started. I've met a few people but no Mr. Chevaliers. I even had the honor of dancing with Mrs. Miller.

"Alright Leon we will be talking to Mr. Chevaliers soon. I just got a message from my PA saying Nattlie is ready." said Mr. Miller.

"Champagne sir?" asked one of the waiters with a French accent.

Mr. Miller took a glass and so did his wife. I was offered but I turned it down and asked for a non alcoholic drink. Mrs. Miller waved at someone then walked over to them. Mr. Miller stood closer to me.

"Non alcoholic?" asked Mr. Miller smiling and waving hello to person walking past.

"Yes sir. Since the second chance I was given, I found the Lord and I've turned my life around for the good. I gave it some thought and I would like to have a family one day. I want them to be safe and live off of honest money sir" I said quietly enough for only him to hear.

He looked at me not knowing if my words were true or just a story I spun. I didn't mind as I have nothing to hide from him. I know what I wanna do with my life and I will one day get there. Nattlie is a big part of it and will always be. I just hope Mr. Miller can see I mean no harm and that my intentions are completely honorable.

"Mr. Chevaliers! There you are" said Mr. Miller walking away from me. I followed behind. Show time.