Chapter 40

(Nattlies pov)

We walked in on Luke holding Beth in his arms. Even though Leon explained to me what was going on in Luke's mind I still had a funny feeling about him. I know how Beth feels about him and I know Leon trusts his brother so maybe I'm just being silly and I should give him a second chance. Besides the first time is a mistake, second time is a habit so maybe he has changed this time round... after all we are all human.

Days have come and gone and a lot has changed. Beth hasn't slept with Luke at all as they wanna get to know each other first. I was shocked to hear it was Luke who suggested it. Maybe Leon was right... maybe he just needed to find someone who loves him and thinks he's the most amazing person alive.

"Hey can I talk to you quickly?" asked Luke one day randomly at the lunch table. I looked up at him and was taken by surprise. We haven't spoken one on one since the 'I love you' incident.

We both got up and walked into a deserted hallway.

"Look I haven't had the chance to say sorry... Alright I lie... I could have said I'm sorry earlier but... I have really been meaning to for a while now but never knew what to say. Please know it will never happen again and I know my place." started Luke. I am shocked but kept quiet and listened to what he had to say.

"I am really sorry for the way I treated you Nattlie. The party, our dance, everything. I don't expect you to forgive me for the way I treated you but I do hope we can be friends one day." he said sounding sincere.

I gave him a sweet smile and walked towards him to give him a hug. Alright so maybe he is alright.

After our heart to heart moment we walked back to the lunch table and he gave Leon a smile followed by a nod. "What was that about?" I asked Leon quietly.

"I know he has been meaning to say he's sorry for a while now but he asked me if he could talk to you alone before he actually spoke to you. I guess he didn't want to caught me off guard or something and have more drama. I respect that he came to me to ask, it just shows me he is trying to change for the better, so I obviously said yes" whispered Leon back.

Wow I'm actually really shocked. First new Leon and now new Luke and Beth. I'm at a lost for words. Now that I think about it... I guess I have also been changing for the better. I haven't really taken note of it but now that I actually make a point of it I can see how being with Leon is making me a better person. It feels good.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. Beth came over for a girls night and Luke told me that him and Leon needed to spend some brother time together.

"I'm happy Natts" said Beth while I was painting her toe nails.

I stopped what I saw doing and looked up at her. She was looking up at the ceiling with a smile. She seemed to be glowing.

"Is he treating you well though, you can tell me the truth." I asked concerned.

"Natts I promise you he is treating me like I'm the only girl he has eyes for. Now that we not having sex we actually spend a lot of time talking and getting to know each other. But to be honest we might not be having sex but we do get pretty kinky. You know how I am and he is the same so we don't mind the whole-" started Beth getting into too much detail.

"Woah woah," I stopped her "Too much info. I just wanted to know if he's treating you better and now I know he is so end of topic. Are you hungry?" I asked quickly. Beth started laughing.

Beth's night here turned into a few nights. I love having her here but I am starting to miss Leon a little.

(Leons pov)

I wonder how Nattlie is doing with Anna-beth. I know its good for them to spend some time apart but I'm really starting to miss Nattlie. We haven't spent as much time together due to Anna-beth staying there for a while and I'm starting to get withdraw symptoms or something.

"Leon! Hello Earth to Leon... Where are you?" said a voice. I snapped out of my thoughts.

I looked at Luke and shook my with a sigh. "I'm here bro but I'm seriously missing Nattlie, but I know its good to spend some time apart... you know to miss each other and so on."

"Yip I get you... Anna seems to be on my mind more than I thought she would be not just because we haven't seen each other in a while but because I seriously can't stop thinking about her. I gave her a chance as I felt it's the right thing to do and I did feel a little sorry for her, as if I owe her... but I never thought I would actually fall this hard for her." confessed Luke.

I grabbed Luke around the neck, "Welcome brother... this is what it feels like to love a girl."

He started laughing and shaking his head.

It is starting to feels like old times again. Luke and I getting along... like this feels great.

(Nattlie pov)

It's Saturday, Beth stayed over last night again. I'm thinking of going for a run before I see Leon later today. We made plans and I have butterflies in my stomach that's how excited I am to see him again. At that thought Beth woke up.

"Morning sunshine!" I screamed at her with excitement. I walked over to the windows and suddenly pulled the apart my curtains. The warm sunlight hit my skin. I stood there for a few minutes letting my skin absorb the rays.

"Close close! Its like 6am! A girl needs her beauty sleep you know?!" moaned Beth, covering her head with the pillow.

"Try 8am." I say. Beth didn't say a word after that. I walked over to my dresser, picked up a hair band and put my hair in a messy bun. I walked across the room to my workout walk-in-closet.

I got dressed in a white top with pink stripes running down the sleeves and down the middle of the shirt. I picked out a pair of shorts to match then moved onto socks and a pair of running shoes.

I walked into my main bedroom to look for my phone and earphones for my run. One message from Leon sent last night.

*Hey beautiful I know you having fun with Anna-beth so if you don't reply no stress just wanna tell you I love you and I cant wait to see you tomorrow*

I smiled and replied to his message:

*Morning my love and yes I am missing you too. Can't wait to see you later! I love you*

I put my earphones in and started my run. The classical music blasting in my ears brought a calmness over me which made me enjoy my run even more. Its funny how most of classical music pieces have no word to it yet speak to you more... effects you more than songs with words. You can feel the passion in the musician, the feeling behind each note and the message wanting to be portrayed. How could someone not love it?