Chapter 47

(Leons pov)

We just laid here for a while, not saying anything. I don't have enough words to explain what I'm feeling at this moment. Anger, hurt, guilt, disappointment, regret yet happy as she's not dead.

"Leon? My mom just called and told me she's going to be home in ten minutes. I hate to kick her out but if my mom finds her like this, she will call Nattlies parents and after what Luke just explained to me I don't think getting parents involved is a good idea."

I turn to look at a worried Anna-beth. She's right we can't. I get up and slowly lift Nattlie from the bed. I quickly moved down stairs and placed her on the front seat of my car. Luke said he was going to stay with Anna-beth as she is still a little rattled and is struggling to let what happened settle in.

I called Luke when we got to Nattlie's house just to let him know that we safe. I placed her on her bed and laid down next to her. The front door was locked so we slipped through the back door. It was better that way as the back door is closer to her room.

I'm just laying here next to her as she sleeps. I do fall asleep but every sound or move she makes I wake up to see if she's alright. I got her some water when she got thirsty but otherwise she was no more than a ruler length away. While I was sleeping Nattlie woke up and saddled me.

"Bash?" she says slowly, waking me up.

I sat up, leaning against the headboard after hearing my name a few times.

"You wearing my shirt" says Nattlie with a serious face.

"You are wearing mine... I was looking for that shirt the other day and thought I lost it so I got another. Its funny how we both decided to wear the same shirt today." I laugh a little.

"Bash... That Jason guy said he's going to come after you, then Luke... then Beth and then me... He said he wants to keep me best for last and started getting sexual... Bash I'm scared he kills you and Luke then after raping most probably Beth and myself, he will kill us too. I don't want that to happen." she says getting emotional.

"Hey hey hey" I say wiping her tears away then rubbing her thighs gently to try relax her. "I wont let him hurt you or Anna-beth again. I'll talk to Luke and we will keep you two safe, I promise... Nattlie he isn't gonna kill Luke and I. We know he's here and we will start being more careful. Everything is going to be okay."

She gives a nod but doesn't make eye contact.

She was quiet for a while before getting serious. "Bash how did we get in?"

"The back room was unlocked." I say not sure where she was going with this.

"I locked all the doors when I left and mom gave the cleaners and so on the week off so they all handed in their keys to me yesterday." She looked up at me worried, "My keys aren't in my pocket" she ends, feeling her pockets.

"Maybe they at Anna-beths place or something?" I ask.

"No... When I got into the van they fell out and I couldn't get them as it was too dark." she says freaking out a little, finally remembering what happened to them.

"It's ok we can change the locks tomorrow and I'll stay the night here."

She gave a smile but she could see something was off with me.

"What's wrong Bash?"

"I can't get past the fact that I could have lost you." I say looking down.

"You will never lose me" she says placing her hands on either side of my cheeks. She pulled me a little closer and my lips met hers. My hands started moving from her knees up her thighs and I pulled her closer to me. She's kissing me slowly, teasing me a little by biting a little on my lower lip. I love it when she does that. I never want to give this up.

My hands slowly move up to her waist and I pull her body against mine. Her hand moves down my neck over my chest. I don't know what she's doing to me but I life it. Her hand moves over my wound and I flinch with pain. She pulls away and looks down.

Stay here I'll get something for that. She moves from her place, unsaddling me. I laid back again knowing that if I tried to stop her she wouldn't listen so I let my mind run blank.

"It's gonna sting a little" she says slowly putting the cotton wool with disinfectant on my cut. It did sting a little but her being so gentle made it not that bad.

"I'm gonna shower after this and get dressed into proper clothes. You can also or you can wait till I'm done, either way works."

I smiled with a nod as she got up to throw away the cotton wool.

Ten minutes into her shower I decided to call Luke just to let him know what Jason said then took a shower after that. I will most probably be done by the time she's finished.

(Nattlies pov)

After I got dressed into pajamas and made my way to my bed. Leon was sitting on my bed with wet hair. He must have showered while I was taking my shower. I sat next to him with a smile.

"Ready for bed?" asks Leon which I replied with a nod. He places a kiss on my forehead and I got into bed. He got up, turned off my light and went to his own room. I was tired when I got in bed but now that I'm laying here, I can't help but think that Jason is in my house. It's starting to freak me out.

"Bash!" I yell for Leon's attention.

The hall way light turns on and he opens my door. "What's wrong?" he asked gently.

"I know this might sound stupid but I'm scared and I know we don't sleep together on purpose and all but can you please stay with me... at least for tonight." I ask trying hard not to sound too pathetic.

He was quiet for a while before answering with a "sure" and turned the lights off. He closed my door behind him and climbed into bed with me. Yes we have slept in the same bed before but not like this. We would fall asleep on the covers and wake up the next morning. Tonight is the first time that he's actually under my covers... it feels good having him here.

I snuggled up closer to his bare chest, wrapped in his arms and slowly drifted off to sleep. This is what it would feel like if we had to get married... warm, loving and safe. I couldn't ask for more.