69

Kalani's POV

Two weeks later

"So, how have you been since I was gone?" Eva asked. She came back yesterday while I was asleep and she didn't want to wake me up because I was tired.

Going back to school wasn't a joke. Montero forced me back and I have just started writing exams. But the good thing about that is, I'm writing online and I don't have to go to school for it. I'm heavily pregnant at this point. 7 going to 8 months to be exact.

I ate anything and everything under the sun, except mustard and peas. I hated it with all I could give. Montero visited me almost daily. Buying me food and spoiling me, or should I say, spoiling us to bits.

He even took me out for shopping. Well more specifically, we went shopping for baby clothes. It was so annoying at first with the paparazzi everywhere, until we got to the mall, and every store I would enter, Montero would have it closed and I would be the only one in it.

I personally thought it was a waste of money, but at the same time I was grateful. At this point I really couldn't deal with humans. They just kept asking for my autograph and photos. I mean, I'm not even famous.

But at the end of the day, it was a productive day. I got alot of baby clothes and I got me some dresses too. I'm so big it's not funny anymore. My cheeks are chubby, my feet are swollen and I'm just tired all the time. That was last week and it feels like everyday it's getting worse. But here is Montero, forcing me to finish this semester at least.

"It's been a mess. I look like a pig." I truthfully answered. Seating on a couch that was specifically put there for me. It was in the kitchen mind you. Eva was seating on the island chair.

"No you don't." She tried making me feel good about myself.

"Oh please, I know what I look like. No need to sugarcoat it." I smiled.

"And the babies, how have they been treating you?" She asked, turning to face me.

"Those three eat like it's the end of the world. And their daddy is the worst. He gets me alot of junk. I swear I tell myself I'm not gonna eat it and I end up eating all of it and wanting more on top of that." I chuckled.

Eva laughed.

"Girl, this isn't funny." I resorted.

"Ok fine, I'm sorry. And the genders, have they been revealed?" She asked, taking a bite out of her strawberry pancake.

"We wanted it to be a surprise." I smiled.

"But y'all got the clothes though." She looked back at me confused.

"Yes that's true. We got neutral colors only." I explained.

"Ohhh." She nodded.

"So were did you go for so long, I missed you." I asked, trying to stand up. When Seven saw I couldn't stand, he held me up.

"Thank you." I muttered.

"I was with my dad. He was giving me the business world experience." She quoted.

I smiled, going to add more pancakes and chocolate syrup on my plate.

"And how was it?" I asked.

"The worst thing that could ever happen to mankind." She stood up going to wash her plate.

I laughed my heart out.

"Yea keep laughing. Wait til Montero wants you to work with him." I stopped laughing then.

Then it was her turn to laugh at me.

"Ok, ok. Laughing over, I have to do some last minute studying. I'm writing in three hours." I mentioned, stuffing myself with food.

"But you still eating." She reasoned.

"Yea well, what can I say, I am a busy woman." Then I turned to Seven and asked him to fetch my laptop for me. He was back within seconds.

"You are a lifesaver." I smiled at him.

"I know, you would be nothing without me." He added.

"Yea yea, whatever." I smiled, opening my laptop and indulging in nothing but notes and heavenly amazing food.

**********************
3 hours later.

"Kalani I'm going out. I promised my mom we would go out for lunch." Eva informed me, taking her bag, heading towards the door.

"Sure. I'm starting to write anyways." I stood up and suddenly felt something running down my legs. I looked down and my eyes popping out. I muttered, "oh my gosh."

Eva stopped on her tracks and looked at me and asked.

"What's wrong? She asked slowly coming closer.

I whispered, "My water just broke."

*******************************************

Montero's POV

"So apart from the fact that our shareholders have decided to come back to us, increasing our revenue with 25% more people want to invest in the Montero Holding." I nodded my head in approval as Nicole presented a PowerPoint of how our budget was going along.

I was in meeting with the finance team, and I have to say, things were looking up for us.

"And the hotels in Malibu? How are those coming along?" I asked, paging through the presentation file.

"Sir, since we have decreased our rates by 15%, there has been an increase of 85% in revenue, which means, has reached over our normal paying rates."

Everyone in the room cheered and I smiled.

"This is good. This is very good." I nodded some more.

"And the casinos in Singapore?" I inquired.

"Although they have had a decrease due to the increasing buildings in Singapore, and more casinos that belonged to Mr Steffano, after those burnt down, people started  coming to us sir." My smiled widen.

"I think that's it guys. Good job." Proud of the efforts they have put in.

"I believe everyone deserves a rise." Sam, my financial assistance joked.

"That's right Sam. See to it that everyone gets a 15% raise." I smiled standing.

Everyone was shocked at my generosity and they started cheering. I left the boardroom and on my way to the office, I met Felix running towards me. The moment he stopped in front of me, before I could even ask, he spoke.

"Your wife is in labour sir."

"What?!" This can't be. It's too early. "Where is she now?" I asked, rushing to the elevator.

"Heading to Lenox Hill Hospital." He replied.

"Put her on the phone." I informed him.

"Sir."

***************************************
Writing a test and giving birth. I wonder how that will go about.

I really wanted to get to this part. And here I am.

On the real though, I'm on of a kind. My love for you readers to too real.

Reminder: This author loves y'all💕💕💞💞