27

Mr Summers POV
“Doctor how is my daughter doing?” I said, as I pulled aside this woman that just came out of my daughter's ward.

“We still operating on her sir and we will know as soon as we finish. Please take a seat.” she replied as calmly as possible. And that was what pissed me off the most. The fact that someone could be soo relaxed and my daughter was fighting for her life in there.

Don't tell me to take a seat!” I yelled. “We have been here for 6 hours now and you telling me to sit down? for what, will that make Eveyln ok? Will that save her doctor?” I  was angry. Nobody was getting me the help that I needed and my daughter was in a life threatening situation.

“Neither is yelling at me going to help sir. We are doing our best to save her. The bullets hit very vital organs in her body and we have to tread with caution if we want to save her. Believe me Mr Summers, your daughter is in good hands.” she reasoned.

“Just please listen to her honey.” my wife said, trying to pull my hand urging me to sit down. When I looked at her, she had started crying again. She has been at it, since she heard that Eva had been shot. And it really broke my heart that I couldn't be there when she needed me the most. She went and got mixed with Montero and now her life was hanging in the middle.

Montero was going to pay for dragging my daughter into this. And I was gonna personally make sure it. But the person who shot her, now that guy, I was gonna gutter.

Just when I was sitting down to comfort her, there was a call from the intercom.

“Docter Kingley, we have a code blue in room 109, I repeat, we have a code blue.”

At that moment, my world stopped. That was Eva's room and now, now she was dying. She was dying in that room and those damn doctors were not keeping their promise to help save her.

“No...” my wife whispered, putting her hand over her mouth.

I just stood up and I started running towards the ward she was in with tears in my eyes.

“Stop that man!” I could hear the doctors yell. But I didn't care. I was going to see my daughter, and nobody was gonna stop me. When I got there, I halted. I took a deep breath in and I opened the door.

And there she was. As lifeless as a ever, my daughter laid in that bed her stomach opened and my beautiful ocean eyes closed, I couldn't ever bare to look at that. I couldn't even speak but I just stopped and I looked.

I looked at that lifeless body and it was nothing like my daughter. My daughter was always happy. She had this amazing humour and a crazy personality. She was vibey and kind. She wanted to make the world a better place, or so I hoped that's what she wanted. She lived for parties but that didn't make her who she was.

She had this sparkle about her that just lit the room when she came in, and her hair would bounce off it's crazy shades whenever she was excited.

All of these I knew because she was the only daughter I had, and the only one I was willing to die for. And now when I looked at her, she was nothing like how I had known her. This was just a body without a soul of her, and I couldn't even imagine a life without her.

“Mr Summers you shouldn't be here.” when I turned around, it was Doctor Kingley and she was accompanied by a whole nation of securities. Without wanting anymore trouble, I looked at my baby girl one last time and I then looked at the doctor and said, “Please save her.”

I went out the room and I sat down on the floor, and I cried. A full grown man was weeping like a baby and I didn't even care. I didn't give a f*ck who was watching and it really didn't even matter.