*5*

Kalani's POV

When Eva said that, my world stopped. That can't be happening, I can't be pregnant. Did that guy use protection? Oh gosh, noooo.

At this moment, Eva stopped joking because my facial expression changed and I was panicking. She rushed back to me and took my face into her hands so I could directly at her.

“Kalani, what's wrong?” She panicked.
“I can't be pregnant, I just can't.” She just smiled, let go of my face, and went to go look for something to wear.

“Of cause, you are not pregnant unless you slept with a guy without using protection in which I know you-” She then stopped in her tracks and she turned around looking tense and pale.
“You didn't sleep with a guy right?” She looked at me expecting me to shout no.

“No...I” She didn't let me finish and she started looking relaxed as she turned to continue to look for clothes.

“Good because-” she continued

“I didn't finish talking.” I cut her from continuing. She turned around slowly, trying to look at me, while I just stood there, playing with my hands.

“I didn't voluntarily sleep with a guy. I woke up in a hotel suite, naked...” And the more I spoke, the more my voice became more like a whisper. And I just broke down, remembering how it all happened.

How I lost my virginity to some stupid, stuck-up, rich, rude guy who didn't even care about the pain I went through. To him, I was just a contract that he accomplished and it broke my heart that I didn't remember anything at all. 

“And I didn't remember anything at...all and-” As I tried continuing, Eva rushed to me and hugged me with her dear life.

“Eva, I can't be pregnant,” I said in between sobs. “ I just can't.” I continued.

“It's gonna be ok. You have got me K, I won't let you down. I promise.”

Eva was now also in a puddle of tears and we both cried until my feet hurt from standing so much. When we broke out the hug, she looked into my eyes and asked me a question I dreaded the most.

“K, if you are pregnant, do you know the father of the child?” I nodded my head.

“Who is it?”

“It's. it's Mr. Montero.” I looked while starting to fidget with my floral summer dress.

“The guy we met at the lift?” you could see the shock in her eyes without a doubt. I just nodded.

“But how...I mean, what happened K?” I think a part of me was angry at her for thinking that there was a hint of unbelief in what I was saying, but I think she had her right to be curious because this guy could have Kim Kardashian herself if he wanted. But he chose me. With my baggy clothes and everything, so it's kind of a mystery.

Then I told her everything. From how I was looking for a bathroom and couldn't find one and I had to sign some forms, which now makes me more curious about what I was signing. I then told her that I was led to Mr. Montero's room and I just rushed to the toilet without thinking.

After which I came back, when I tried leaving, the door was locked and it was soundproof. I then phoned reception and told them what happened and apparently, I wasn't even supposed to be in the suite because it belonged to Mr. Montero himself.

And I continued to tell her how it scared the life out of me, 'thinking' he was in the Mafia or something. When he came into the room, I tried to explain but he said it was fine, still offering me some whiskey. After that, I told her I remember nothing of that night but I woke up naked and sore in between my legs and private part.

While I was in that state, the devil himself entered the room, taking his watch and he just told me we had sex when I asked why was I naked.

I then continued to tell her how he threw a contract on my face telling me that whatever happened in this room stayed and I obeyed because I never wanted to be reminded of a day I lost my life to a stranger.

When I was done, Eva pulled me into another hug.

“ I am so so sorry K. You said you didn't want to go and I forced you and-” Now it was my turn to wipe her tears.

“It's ok,” I  said, taking my hand to wipe her tears.

“No, it's not. You always wanted a cheesy yet, amazing wedding with the love of your life and I took that away from you. I took it away.” She was sobbing and it didn't make it better than she was reminding me of a life I always wanted.

“Eva, look at me.” I took her face into my hands so I could see her. “I am here. I am alive and I am in one piece. Yes, there are screwed-up parts now, but I have to move on. You have to move on. If I am pregnant, I will tell Montero. And if he doesn't take responsibility, I will raise my child on my own. I will not give him or her up for adoption or anything. I will love him or her without conditions and without anger about how they were conceived. I will look beyond that Eva.

I will tell my family the truth and nothing but the truth, and I will be lying if I said they won't hate you. But I will still love you the same. I will still want to be my best friend, and one day, I will find love, Eva. And that man is going to love me with all my flaws. He is going to love me with my baby. And I am going to have my happy ending.”

I think a part of me still wanted to believe that I would have a happy ending like in the movies or the books I always read. And I didn't want to lose hope that I could find love.

The kind where I would look into my husband's eyes and see nothing but love, kindness, compassion, sincerity, and joy. Where I could still look at his smile and playing with my baby, where we could have endless walks at the beach, where she could kiss me under a million stars, telling me he loves me with every breath that he can ever take.

I still want to find someone who will look at me like I am perfect. I still want to wake up in the morning with a kiss from my amazing husband, I still want to have fun days with him. Going out for dinner, funfairs, and vacations.

I still want that picture-perfect love with my prince charming because I believe everyone deserves a knight in shining armor, no matter how broken they are.