*10*

Kalani's POV

It's been a week since I have been subconsciously awake. Eva has been coming every day and reading me my auditing notes. Which is quite funny if you asked me.

She reads to me like she wants to doze off half the time, but when she wants to start talking about boys well, that conversation can go on forever.

"Girl, I have to tell you something. But before I do, promise you won't freak out. If you promise, squeeze my hand twice. Whatever I say, promise you won't freak out." so I did as I was told because I wanted to hear what she wanted to say.

"So I saw Mr. Montero here in this hospital."

My heart stopped.

What was he doing here? Why did he come here, didn't he cause enough pain? Why is he bringing all of this back?

"And please don't freak out but apparently, he paid for all your medical expenses and they changed your room to a private room. And girl, this service is really fine.”

Eva doesn't understand. Why did he have to bring back all the pain he caused?

“Maybe he changed.” My subconscious tried to reason with me.

“No, he can't just do that. You can't hurt someone and then act like everything is ok. That's what he is doing. He is trying to pretend that all of this is ok Hilary but it's not.”

And yes, since I was stuck with my subconscious for weeks now, I figured, why not name her. So I thought why not Hilary. I have always liked that name anyways.

Lani you need to come down. Think of your babies ok? They need you to be ok for them to be ok.” She reminded me.

“I don't care about my babies Hilary. I don't care. He can't just hurt me and not apologize and then think that paying my bills will make me a virgin again and make me that bubbly girl I was. I hate him Hil, I hate him.”

I could feel tears coming out, which is weird because my eyes were closed. My heart started picking up its pace and Eva squeezed my hand.

“Kalani I am sorry,” She said in a very panicked voice, “I am sorry it wasn't my intention to make you cry. I am sorry.” She continued saying sorry but all I could think of was that day. When all I felt like was a cheap girl.

What am I doing here?" I asked, not looking up?

"What do you mean?" He stopped walking.

"Why...why am I naked in your bed?" I asked to stutter.

"We had sex." He just said. Without emotion and without caring.

And it just kept coming back, “we had sex”, and I hated it. My first time was supposed to be just right. Just like in the movies where I get married to my prince charming and everything was perfect. But it wasn't. It wasn't and it was all because of him.

“Doctor?” I heard Eva yelling for the doctor to come help. “Help, anybody, please help.” she kept yelling.

A few seconds later, I could hear footsteps entering the room and I could feel people touching me.

“Her pressure is increasing and her heart rate is sky-high. We need to sedate her now.” I could hear a female doctor saying.

“What did you do?” A male doctor asked Eva.

“I just...I wanted to tell her...I wanted,” Eva kept stuttering and I couldn't help but feel so sorry for her. She was trying to help but it only made matters so much worse than they already were.

“Just go.” The guy yelled at her.

“No. She is my best friend and I am not leaving until I know she is ok.” Eva fired back. I could hear the fierceness in her voice meaning, she wasn't going to back down.

“Miss Evelyn, please. Just go...we don't any trouble.” He responded in a more tamed voice.

“Trouble?” She questioned. “trouble from who?” she continued. I could imagine her face had that “you better answer me now” look.

“I am afraid I can't tell you that Miss Evelyn,” he said in an ashamed voice.

“What!!..you can't tell me? What Snapchat is that?”

Yes, she said Snapchat because I told her I hated swearing and she had been honoring that. I am proud of her. Being sick does wonder I guess.

What bullshit is that?” She continued.

Yep, and her praises just went out the window.

You tell me now or I swear I will rip your guts out with my bare hands then feed them to that nurse practitioner that's been looking at me like I stole her husband. So I suggest you talk. Right now.” As she spoke her teeth were together. And trust me, when Evelyn threatens you, never take that lightly.

I am talking from experience.

“Mr...Mr. Montero. She wants her to be ok and he promised to sue the hospital if any harm came to her and her babies. And when she is awake, and when she has given birth, Mr. Montero, will take his children.”

“What!!?”

What!!?”

“What!!?”

The three of us said in perfect symphony.

Me, Eva, and my subconscious off course.

“He can't do that. He can't take her babies. It's not right. He can't.” Eva kept saying. Her voice was cracking and shaky and I could feel that she was crying and was shocked at the same time.

I just became numb.

I couldn't think or find anything to do or say but I only had regret. Regret of what I said

I was lying. I want my babies and I wanna keep my babies. I don't wanna lose my babies. I can't...I just...I just can't.

Then next thing I knew there was a lot of yelling something about losing me and there was nothing I could do but think of my babies and the fact that I didn't want to live without them.

“We losing her.” the doctor yelled,“ her heart rate is 100....95....” and it kept dropping.

“Damn Kalani fight. FREAKING fight.” Eva yelled shaking me, willing me to wake up. “Fight Kalani..... please” she whispered. “please...K...”

I could feel her tears in my arms and they kept coming.

“Miss Evelyn we need you to leave.” the doctor tried to pull her away from me.

“NO...No...I am not going anywhere. FREAKING save her.”  She kept yelling. “Save her.”

“80....78...76...” The nurse practitioner kept saying. “We are losing her. She going into a coma.”

“We can't let that happen. We need to save her now.” the male doctor responded.

“60....59...40....” the numbers kept going down until I couldn't hear anything but the faint voice from Eva saying, “please... please Kalani.... please...I love you so please...”

I kept hearing please then nothing.

**********************************************
My dearest readers

My apologies for the late update. I know I said I would but I am sorry. I was sick for two weeks and I had to play catch-up with my school work. Which is not easy... My knowledge of medical eish is really bad so if what I was writing was wrong, I would appreciate it if someone told me

Again sorry🙈🙈🙈

Hope this will do for now and I hope to update you soon then.

❣️❣️❣️
Loving you'll 3000