71

Montero's POV

"Don't leave me, please." I whispered, rubbing her hands. Her eyes were closing and her hand starting to let go. I wasn't yelling nor shouting anymore. That made her more nervous.

Instead I just focused on her and nothing else.

"Please, stay. I promise to be a better man." I whispered, kneeling in defeat, with tearing filling my eyes.

At this moment, I didn't care about the doctors around me, and for a second, I didn't care about the triplets themselves. I just wanted her. I wanted all of her safe and sound in my arms, sleeping, and not caring about the world.

"Please, please wake up. I beg you." I kissed her knuckles, looking down as my tears started falling.

"Mr Montero," Helen tapped my shoulder. I sniffed and looked up to her. "We have to perform the cesarean section sir. Please put on this mask." She continued.

I nodded, taking the mask and putting it on. Eva, Felix and Seven soon left the room.

"You can hold her hand sir and try to help her wake up on her own." Rosa suggested. "We can only perform the procedure once she is conscious. We can't sedate an unconscious patient. It could complicate alot of things." She explained further.

I nodded again.

I turned to her and muttered softly, "You heard that babe, you have to wake up so they can start the procedure. Please, even if it's a tap of your finger to indicate you can hear me ok?" I assured her. " Whatever you feel you can do is fine, but do something ok...please." I looked at her, praying to the heavens she was hearing me.

**********************************************
Kalani's POV

I wanted to wake up. I really did but why was it so hard?

"Hilary we need to wake up."  I spoke to my subconscious mind. "Please, I beg you. My husband needs me, my kids need me and-"

"Wait, did you just say husband?" She popped in unexpectedly.

"I..uhmmm-it was a moment thing. Montero needs me. Hack let's not talk about Montero, my kids need me and I need you to wake up ok please." I begged.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that. I can however help move your limbs so they can start the cesarean process." She replied.

"Wait!, What do you mean you can't help wake me up?" I questioned.

"Well that's because your body has shut down. Due to stress, I'm assuming from school, pain- well that's the contractions-, and shock. Oh, and hormones." She explained.

"So how long will it take for me to wake up?" I asked.

Please don't say two months...I internally muttered, pleading with my body to cooperate with me.

"Three days." She answered. A part of me was relieved, another disappointed. I wanted to to see my children enter the world and now I can't.

"Fine. Just help with the hands." I huffed in defeat.

Suddenly I moved my hand. I could feel Montero smiling.

"Thank you so much love." He whispered to me, kissing my knuckles again. I heard some shuffling then he continued as said, "Doctor she's conscious. Well, her subconscious is. Does that count?" He squeezed my hand.

"Yes that works. Sedate her now!" Helen barked orders to whoever that was close to her.

"Yes." He muttered. I could hear excitement in his voice. "Thank you my love. Thank you so much." I smiled internally.