*7*

Kalani's POV

“I just wish that all of this was happening under different circumstances. That I was married and that I was scared to tell my husband that I was with child and you came and became my strength. I just wish that maybe my husband was a soldier in Afghanistan and that I was scared that he was leaving me with a child that-”

“Shhhh, the details don't matter Kalani.”

“ I know, I just wish that maybe, just maybe-”

“We don't always get the picture-perfect lives that we want K, we make do with what we have. Even if we don't like it, we take it and make sure that we try something with it K. Anything. And along the lines of life, things will eventually make sense. I promise.”

“Wow, when did you become a life guru?” I smiled, wiping away my tears.

“Since I started living with this girl named Kalani Jacobson.”

“Wow, she sure is one wise girl.” I sniffed back my snorts.

“Yes, she is. And she is kind and caring and compassionate and understanding and patient and crazy. And I love her to bits.”

“ I love you too Eva. I love you so much.” And that was the cue for another hug. And to say the truth, I think these hugs, were my lifeline at the moment. It was the only thing that was keeping me sane.

It was my only strength at the moment and it was the only thing that kept me breathing. It kept me from having any panic attacks or anything.

“Eva thank you. Thank you for tolerating me today. With everything that I have said or did, thank you for staying.”

“Girl, you have been tolerating me the longest. I don't think I would have done that, but you did. So thank you.”

“Eva this is me saying thank you. So please don't mess that up for me.”

“Ok fine.”

“So, as I was saying, thank you.”

“Thank you too.”

“Eva!!” I hit her chest. “Don't do that.”

“Ok fine. Now can we get this over with?”

“Hmmm... how about you, I hmm-”

“On second thought I will go and get those pregnancy tests and I will get back to you ok.”

“Uhmmm yeah, sure.”

Eva squeezed my hand for assurance that everything was going to be ok. And I believed her. I just stood there and hoped for the best.

Exactly 5 minutes later, Eva came back with 10 pregnancy test thingies. And I kept saying thingies because I don't know what to call them. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. 10!! Really? She just had to go overboard on this.

The moment she was close enough I pulled her closer so only she could hear me. I know there were like only two of us there and that guy who was the cashier, you are never too safe.

“what the hell Eva? Ten? Really? Don't you think that's a lot though?" I asked worriedly.

“Nope, we must be super sure. Now come let's go home.”

And hand in hand, we walked out of that pharmacy as we did conquer it. Well, I know that I conquered my fears of having a baby and the thought of having a baby as a whole.

I think that scared me more than I could ever complainant. But hey, it was a work in progress. We walked a few blocks and then we realized that there was this black Mercedes CLA that just kept following us.

To say I wasn't scared would be a lie. The car just kept enough distance. Eva already had her speed dial on her dad's number and I had mine on 911. We were ready for anything.

When we could see our dorm, we ran like we were being chased by aliens from Mars. We got there huffing and puffing. We were not athlete people, so from my point of view, we ran with everything that we had.

“What the hell was that?” Eva asked as she closed the door and locked it.

“I don't know, but it freaked me out. Someone was following us and I don't like that one bit. Oh gosh, first my virginity, then pregnancy now black cars following us like we stole a nuclear protocol, can my life get worse than this? Oh wait, it definitely can.

If the university finds out that I am pregnant, I lose my bursary and I have to go home. Shit shit shit.” I repeatedly said as I banged my head on the wall.

Well not literally. But quite frankly, I didn't care at this moment.

“Hey, it's not that bad. I will ask my dad to have people watch us ok. We gonna be safe.” she held my hand.

“But safe from what?” I pulled away and I walked near the window. “Eva, we don't even know who that was, so how will a bodyguard help if we don't even know what are we protecting ourselves from?”

“They will figure that out. It's their job. Right now, I want you to stop stressing. I am phoning my dad now and you go to the bathroom and start peeing on those ten sticks.” she went up to me with those pregnancy sticks and shoved them on my face. Literally.

“Hey, no need to be violet ok? Geez.” I took those pregnancy test sticks and started praying the shortest prayer of all time. A prayer for a second chance.

**********************************************
Johnathan's POV

Ring! ring! Ring! Ring!

Who the hell wants me to kill them? I opened my eyes and when I saw my clock, it was only 3:35.

Then who the hell is calling!!

“What!” That was the first thing I said.

“Uhmmmm sir....uhmmmm sorry to disturb you sir by you said if it's important then I can call anytime.”

“What do you want Matt?” I growled.

“The girl sir, Kalani. She went to the pharmacy sir.” Now that caught my attention. Kalani Jacobson. The first time I saw that girl, I was amazed that someone could be so beautiful without even trying.

I loved how her hazel eyes glittered and how her hair was just so perfect for her.
I would have at some point wanted her for me but, then what Roman wanted, Roman got. And that night it was Kalani.

When the plan worked and Roman got the girl, the next day he boasted that she was a virgin, and for some odd reason, that made me angry because Roman didn't care. After that, I just ask Matthew to look out for her and not be seen.

Well, Roman was just one mean son of a bitch. He never cared about anyone but himself. After his fiancée left him for his brother on his birthday, he never really got attached to anyone else. He just had any lady that was willing to sleep with him. Which was quite a number, if you asked me.

But with Kalani it was different. He even said he didn't even use protection. And that was a bad idea, I thought. It could always backfire. Now, what did Kalani get from the pharmacy?

“Continue,” I said as I sat up.

“Well, sir it looked like she bought pregnancy tests.”

“What do you mean pregnancy tests?
How many did she buy?” I frowned.

“Well her friend bought them sir because she was scared. But they bought ten.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes sir. I recorded it.”

“Good. Now come to my house.”

“Sir.”