| 3 |

I sighed and flattened out my skirt before placing the teapot back on the tray, after having filled it with warm milk. I'm not even through my first day, and I already hate that man, boy, whatever you could qualify him as, more than anything.

I grabbed the tray and checked the clock on the wall, I was five minutes early. I smiled in victory, happy that I had succeeded once again in being on time, first time being when I served dinner.

I climbed the stairs once more and kicked on the door to his office, and waited for the familiar cold answer. That I already knew way too well despite only having worked here for half a day.

"Yes?" a voice rung out and I opened the door with my elbow. I'm gonna be a professional at this in the long run.

"Your hot milk is here," I stated and walked in and placed the tray down on his desk. 

I moved the mug over on his desk, before pouring up the hot milk in the mug. For once not being stopped and told he didn't want it.

"You want honey in your milk?" I questioned and placed the teapot back on the tray.

"No," he coldly replied and I hummed before placing all the things back on the tray, before he harshly grabbed my wrist, "you drank the tea earlier, didn't you?" he questioned and I realized he was looking at me with a cold and piercing stare.

"So what if I did?" I questioned him and he tightened his grip around my wrist, "can you let go? You're hurting me."

"Did you, or did you not drink the tea?" he hissed, not loosening his grip around my wrist one bit. In fact he probably tightened it a bit more, but I wouldn't be able to feel the difference from the already throbbing pain in my wrist. If anything the throbbing would only intensify.

"I drank it," I nodded at him.

"Even when I told you not to?" he arched a brow at me.

"What are you gonna do?" I questioned him.

"You're gonna get cut in salary once again," he stated and I let out a snort.

"But you want to get rid of me," I reminded him with a sly smirk.

"But you'll still have to do as I say, and if I tell you that you'll only get a raise if you do as I say, then you'll actually do it. But if I give you a raise just because I don't like you, you won't even try to behave properly," he smarted himself with a confident smile, making me roll my eyes. How I just wanted to wipe that self-satisfied look off his face.

"I see..." I hummed, "let go of my wrist. I have to go do the dishes."

"Think about it," he warned and let go of my wrist, that now was a bright red color.

"I won't," I assured him making him look at me in dissatisfaction as I picked up the tray and walked towards the door once again. A string of curses flowing through my head, any mean or rude word I could think of or make up ran through my head and mentally I was shooting him with each and all of them.

"At least you managed to dress a bit more appropriately," he commented from behind his desk, "now you look like a maid that works for a lowclass CEO."

"Bold of you to assume I can afford more fancy clothes," I commented before turning around to look at him with a sharp look, "and just a friendly tip mr. Jerk... in the future, don't assume people's class or what they have and don't have. It's not nice."

As I exited the room I caught him looking at me with some sort of weird look, before I moved my way down to the kitchen once again and began washing the dishes. How badly I just wanted to slap some sense and social skills into that thick skull of his.