| 6 |

I picked up the tray, on which Sunghoon's lunch stood. I carefully lifted it and walked outside. I had caught him walk down to the greenhouse earlier with some papers in hand. He really was a workaholic, but I wasn't gonna comment on that. I figured he still might be in the greenhouse, so that was where I went.

Sure enough, I found him sitting at a small round table, whilst writing in his papers. Too engrossed in his work to even notice I had walked into the greenhouse. He sat bent over the papers with a small frown on his face, whilst biting his bottom lip, reading over the paper. I just knew I hated to admit how handsome he was, especially with that attitude of his.

"Mr. Park, lunch," I spoke up and he looked up to me.

"Of course," he muttered before grabbing his papers and gathering them, making me able to place his food down on the table along with his glass of water.

"Enjoy your lunch," I spoke before turning on my heel to walk off.

"Miss Jung?" he called out and I hummed before turning around, holding the tray in front of me, "can you keep me company?"

"Why would you want my company?" I questioned in amusement. He didn't answer, he just gestured to the chair across from him.

I didn't say anything either, I just walked back over towards him and sat down on the chair, placing the empty tray in my lap. I was beginning to think I was getting emotionally attached to that tray. The amount of hours a day I had it with me, was absolutely ridiculous.

"You just want me to sit here?" I questioned and he nodded before picking up his chopsticks.

I let out a small hum before looking around the greenhouse. Everywhere I looked a new plant hung across the pillars, or crawled its way up the walls. It was calming and there was a nice scent in the greenhouse.

"Do you find it calming, miss Jung?" amusement laced Sunghoon's voice as he spoke up. I opened my eyes, which I hadn't realized I even had closed, and turned my head to look at him.

"Very," I nodded at him, "I missed being outside."

"You don't go outside?" he frowned and I glanced over at him before just shaking my head and looking back around the different plants, "why?"

"I have work of course," I smiled slightly at him, "the only times I get to go out here is when I have to water the plants and clean the greenhouse."

"You really don't have other time?" he questioned.

"I prefer the outside in daylight," I shook my head at him, "why is this surprising you? Didn't you make the schedule?"

"I told you I didn't," he shook his head, "my mother did. I told her what I wanted and when I wanted it, she added the rest."

"Hm," I hummed, looking away from him once more.

"Miss Jung, you aren't that old, are you?" he commented and I shook my head at him, "how old?"

"My birthday is this summer," I stated.

"I asked how old you are, not when your birthday is," he clarified.

"I'm 19," I calmly replied.

"And not in school?" he questioned as I just shook my head, "normally girls your age go to university or college."

"Normally boys your age, do the same," I retorted, "not all boys and girls are the same as the others. Some are born with a big bulks of golden coins, others are born into big bulks of debt."

"You're paying out a debt with this job?" he questioned.

"It's none of your business where my money goes," I shook my head at him.

"It's my money," he pointed out and I shook my head.

"Not when you've paid me, then it's mine," I reminded him.

"But you don't use it on yourself," he pointed out.

"That you're right at," I hummed, "but what I use it on, is none of your business."

"Not drugs?" he questioned in amusement making me look back at him with an arched brow.

"You really think that lowly of me?" I qustioned him.

"O-oh... I didn't mean to..." he awkwardly trailed off. That was the first time I had made him speechless or stutter.

"And here I thought you were slowly warming up to me. But you seem to continue wanting to be mr. jerk," I hummed to myself.

"I didn't imply you did drugs," he pointed out with a tired look on his face, "I was joking. Are you sure you're not miss sensitive?"

"If you want me to stop with the remarks, then stop questioning why I took this work," I defended, "do you still need company?"

"I'm not letting you go until you tell me why you took this work. Why are you willing to work for me, even after I have refused to treat you like a proper human being?" he questioned and leaned back in his chair and folded his hands.

"Your business tactics don't work on me," I shook my head at him, "I'm a normal human being, I give in to sincerity," I pointed out to him, making him sigh and drop his hands before running a hand through his hair.

"You know it's the fewest that have maids in this century," he commented and I hummed at him, "so why would you willingly be one?"

"Because it pays well," I calmly replied.

"And what do you need the money for?"

"Bills."

"You live in my house."

"Not my bills."

"Then who?"

"Doesn't matter to you."

"But it does."

"It doesn't."

"It does."

"Why would it matter to you?" I sighed with an arched brow.

"Because you're my maid, and with the salary you have right now you only have a month and a half left. I want to know what I've helped out with before you leave," he stated.

"Park Sunghoon, can you explain to me why you don't have your phone on you this instant?" a voice shrieked up, and the woman who had hired me stood staring at us with wild eyes and hands on her hips.

"Mom?" Sunghoon straightened his back and stared at the woman in confusion.

"You might demand that Sieun not have her phone on her when she's working, but for you to then promise to take incoming phonecalls for her... you have to keep that promise!" the woman exclaimed as she walked over to us quickly turning to me, "this of course is none of your fault sweetie."

"My phone is in my office," Sunghoon calmly spoke up.

"And it should be on you. Do you have any idea of how scared I got when the hospital called me? I thought something had happened to you?" she shrieked and my eyes widened at her.

"The what called you?" I spoke up and she turned to me.

"Right, they called me about your-" I immediately cut her off.

"I need to go now," I stated and hurriedly stood up and rushed towards the exit of the greenhouse.

"One step further away miss Jung and I'm cutting your salary!" I looked back at Sunghoon who had raised his voice and abruptly stood up from his table, "you're not going anywhere. You're hired as my maid and you're staying right here."

"Screw you Park Sunghoon," I hissed at him before running out of the greenhouse.