| 2.27 |

Despite me now being jobless I could comfort myself with the thought that mr. Lee had fully understood the situation when I had given him a small lie and excused it with my brother having to go to some rehab.

Early in the morning I had gotten up to cook breakfast making sure that Sunghoon actually got to work for once this week, even though it only was one day for this week, it was better than nothing. A Friday couldn't be the worst day to work after all.

Having Sunghoon be out of the house for the first time this week it seemed I suddenly realized how long my alone hours would be and I slowly felt myself get more and more restless. 

Don't ask me why or how I found it a good idea, but a few hours before lunch time I found myself back in the kitchen cooking up a lunch I would go drop off at Sunghoon. Even though I was becoming what I refused to become I didn't mind doing it for these two weeks where I would stay home and do this.

I really didn't want to become one of those stay at home wives, it was the least I wanted. I don't mind other people doing it, but I do not want to end like that.

While lunch time rolled around I let out a sigh and looked at the boxes I had prepared for Sunghoon's lunch, eventually packing it down in a bag and getting ready to go out.

Sunghoon's office laid only a few more minutes away than my old job did, so it didn't hurt to walk. However, the lady at the front desk looked at me weirdly as I stepped inside the building. I couldn't figure out if it was because she could recognize me or if she didn't know who I was. Nonetheless, she surely would've stopped me if I didn't belong in this building.

I took the elevator up to Sunghoon's floor, walking straight out and meeting Jake at his desk, which somehow looked much more organized than usual.

"Oh... I didn't expect to see you here," Jake commented as he looked up from his computer the moment I had knocked on his desk, "you good? Even after what I told you?"

"You still have your job," I nodded at him as he just held his hands out with a proud smile on his face, as if he was showing off his desk, "no, but we agreed on working this out together. I handled it wrong at first and I realized that and hopefully you haven't seen him smugle any more bottles in there."

"Oooh... uhm... actually I have," Jake admitted and fiddled around with his pen, watching as my face faltered, "sorry, sorry. I meant water bottles," he panicked quickly and I slowly nodded, "I was kidding Sieun, I swear."

"I uhm... I bring him lunch," I excused and Jake immediately nodded.

"You can just put it here, he said he was in some call meeting," he waved it off and I simplu shrugged before walking up to Sunghoon's office door.

"I'll just sit and wait for him to finish it, I don't have anything else to do anyways," I excused and Jake looked quite conflicted as to whether or not he should let me enter.

"Eh whatever," he waved it off, "he'll most likely fire me for not letting you in."

I let out a small laugh at Jake as he turned back to his work and I stepped inside Sunghoon's office, quietly closing the door after me.

Turns out, he wasn't in some call meeting, he was instead in a deep deep slumber. Bent over his desk he had his head laying in his arms, eyes closed and small snores escaping his mouth.

I quietly walked over and brushed his hair out of his eyes, his eyebrows moving a bit as I did so, resulting in a small nose scrunch. Slowly he seemed to stir awake just by my small touch.

"I'm working," he quietly mumbled as he sat up straight and tiredly frowned down at the first paper he looked at.

"I brought you lunch," I softly spoke and he looked up at me, looking confused for a second before he realised it was me standing in front of him.

"Sieun," he let out a small breath of relief as a smile spread on his face.

"I was a bit bored, sorry," I murmured and placed the boxes on his desk.

"And I was a bit tired," he murmured as I let out a small laugh, only earning a cute smile from him, "are you eating with me?"

"I uhm..." I trailed off, "you know what? Yeah I am. I'm not busy."

A wide smile spread on his face as he pulled out box after box, opening them all before inspecting everything I had brought him. Eventually looking up at me with a slightly shocked expression.

"You made all of this for me?" he questioned in shock and I just nodded at him.

"I noticed your suit sitting looser on you this morning," I shrugged and scratched the side of my nose, "I thought it would be good with a big meal... and then I'm thinking of making something a bit more fatty for dinner."

"You're really serious in taking care of me," he commented and I just nodded at him.

"Of course I am," I nodded at him, "I confessed my love for you, didn't I?" I questioned in amusement and he hummed as he immediately grabbed his cutlery and dug into the nearest box, munching the food in him with a small smile resting on his face.

"I've been drinking water all day," he proudly pointed out and pointed to a small stack of water bottles in the corner.

"Jake told me," I nodded at him, "gave me a scare by telling me you brought bottles in here. That asshole."

"Only water," Sunghoon shook his head and I smiled softly as I looked over at him happily eating his food.