| 2.32 |

I glanced around the clinically white waiting room. My fingers drumming quietly on my knees as I leaned my head back against the wall behind me. 

The doctor had very kindly asked me to leave the room after they had taken a blood test on Sunghoon, mainly because they had to do some more medical checks and ask him some questions. 

There weren't that busy in the doctor's office as I waited, only three other people had come into it while I had been sitting and waiting. 

"We expect to have your results ready some time around Christmas, next week," a voice spoke up and I turned my head to watch Sunghoon shake hands with the doctor that had done the examination.

Quickly Sunghoon rushed over to me and pulled on his coat before smiling softly down at me.

"Did it go well?" I questioned and he just nodded at me, extending his hands towards me.

I let out a small laugh before placing both my hands in his and letting him pull my up from my seat. Immediately he pulled me closer to him and pressed a small kiss to my forehead. 

"Let's go get groceries," he whispered and I just nodded letting one of my hands intertwine with his.

I quietly walked beside Sunghoon on our way to the grocery store, which at least wasn't that far. It was halfway to the subway, which we would end up taking to get home anyways.

"So are you gonna tell me?" Sunghoon questioned as he grabbed a basket in the grocery store.

"Hm?" I hummed as I glanced up at him.

"You're oddly silent, and... I don't see any trace of happiness anywhere on your face," he remarked and I hummed as I looked back towards the shelves we were nearing, "so tell me what's happening."

"I just..." I murmured before shrugging.

"Just what?" Sunghoon questioned in amusement and nudged my side with his elbow, "come on, tell me."

"Did I overreact before we moved properly in together?" I questioned him, only earning a frown from him, "when I asked if you had some secret agenda behind your actions? Did I overreact?"

"Well... no, I wouldn't say so," he calmly excused with a shrug, "I understand the thing with being hesitation to move in together as well. Why?"

"I just... people would say I was annoying, overthinking, overreacting, narcisstic," I listed nervously as I glanced around the grocery store.

"Well, if anyone says that I think they need to get their head out of their ass and realize that there's more to the story," he reminded, "I was one hell of a manipulative piece of shit when you worked for me, taking that on top of your family situation... I can understand you're overly cautious."

I quietly hummed as I grabbed a few ramen packets for Sunghoon, carefully placing them in the basket.

"Besides... those people need to stop thinking relationships are all ideal and one long dance on flowers," Sunghoon reminded, "shit hurts, some have trust issues, others have commitment issues. There's always something to overcome and that is a painful process but if a couple can get through that they can get through everything, right?"

"Did your books say that?" I questioned with a small smile as he casually shook his head.

"But isn't it true?" he questioned, "if anyone thinks both of us are gonna be perfect in this relationship then they're simply ignorant and refuse to face reality head on. Now tell me, who are these people?"

"I just... I can hear the comments in my head," I sighed with a small frown, "that I was unfair to hesitate about moving in, I was only toying with your feelings because I kept on wanting more time-"

"As far as I recall I was completely fine about taking the time," he reminded me, "we did let things go quite fast after you returned... it's barely been five months. I don't think it was unfair, in fact I think it's more unfair to shame you on wanting to take your time to make sure it's the right thing for you. Because matter of fact is that it's important that both of us are ready before we take any big steps. That's why I haven't asked for the wedding to be tomorrow, even though that would be fine with me, I know you need more time than that."

"But then with the whole secret agenda thing... saying I was overthinking, that it was unnecessary for me to think like that and I was annoying and-" I trailed off only getting stopped again by a laughing Sunghoon.

"Stop Sieun," he brightly laughed before stepping in front of me to stop my walking, "don't you realize?" he questioned and I frowned up at me, "if anyone is ever gonna comment something like that it's because they're too ignorant to even spare a second thought to your life. It's the same way I understood the ultimatum you initially gave me when you found out I was drinking. You're overly cautious because that's the way you've had to live with your upbringing and the surroundings in it. Anyone who condemns your way of reacting in those three instances are simply to ignorant to even think about you for a second. Okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded making him poke under my chin softly.

"Now chin up, plaster a beautiful smile onto that face, because regardless I understand where you're coming from and I still love you, no matter how cautious you are," he reminded and I let out a small laugh as he slipped his hand into mine once again.

"I love you too," I muttered with a smal smile.

"And I'll make sure you don't have to be overly cautious in any more situations so people won't be able to comment rude things without any form of insight," he proudly stated as I let out a small laugh, "and when we get home, I'm seriously gonna need a nap, because my energy level right now is in negative."

"Sure," I nodded at him with a small smile, "I'll cook dinner, so we don't have to live off of omelettes."

"They're good though," he reminded me and I just nodded as he began tugging me along through the grocery store.