| 34 |

I could hear Sunghoon rush into the house once I had kicked my heels off and stepped up on the stairs to rush up to my room.

"Sieun wait!" Sunghoon called out as I just picked up my pace and ran faster up the stairs, "stop it! Listen to me!"

"What?" I questioned as I snapped my head to look down at him.

"Just calm down," he calmly spoke and slowly began walking up the stairs to me.

"Calm down? Calm down?!" I questioned him, "were you even out in that tent? Did you actually pick up what happened?"

"I did, but you need to calm down," he stated making me just shake my head.

I just continued to rush up the stairs and down to my room. I quickly pulled my suitcase out from under my bed before beginning to throw my things into it. I didn't even care to put it into the suitcase properly, I just threw in my things.

"Sieun stop it!" Sunghoon exclaimed as he grabbed onto my wrists and stopped me in my place, "stop it."

"But... but..." I trailed off in confusion.

"You need to stop," he calmly spoke, "please...?"

"I just want to go," I shook my head at him, "I don't want to stay here... I don't want to."

"Okay... okay... but at least the wedding is called off now," he hummed before slowly nodding, "are you sure you want to leave?"

"I can't stay after that... I just can't," I shook my head at him making him slowly nod at me.

"Where will you go?" he questioned and I shrugged.

"Boseong... I'll move down to my aunt," I sighed, "I just can't stay... okay?"

"Okay," he nodded before quietly sitting down on the bed, just holding onto my hands, "but I'll still wait... I'll always wait... until you love me back."

"But that is the problem!" I complained at him, "the problem is that I love you and that I actually forget all the things you've said to me once you just become one bit nice to me! But I can't stay after what just happened. I don't care how easy you think it is, but then it's because you don't understand."

"I'll let you leave," he nodded, "if that's what you want to, I'll let you leave. Your resignation will be signed before the week is over."

"Thank you," I whispered making him just nod and let go of my hands.

"Continue your packing," he quietly urged.

I began packing my things down once again, this time a lot calmer and more carefully than I had done before. In reality I didn't have many things to pack down, I just continued to shift them around in my small suitcase, simply because I was... I guess in a way I was scared of leaving, but I was even more scared to stay.

"Okay..." I muttered as I zipped up my suitcase, "I'm ready to go."

"Are you sure?" he questioned and stood up from my bed and I just nodded at him.

"But first there's one thing I have to do," I stated making him frown down at me, "come closer, I'll tell you."

"What is it?" he questioned, a small hint of amusement in his voice.

"This," I excused and grabbed his face and pulled it down so our lips could meet in a soft kiss.

Once I could feel him place his hands on each side of my waist I carefully pulled away and rubbed my thumbs softly over his cheeks.

"I don't want you to leave," Sunghoon muttered making me just sadly smile up at him.

"I'll see you when the time is right," I excused and dropped my hands down before stepping out of his grip.

I quietly grabbed my suitcase and at once I just turned my back to him and let out a deep breath before walking out of the room and not looking back once. Not even when I got outside and walked down the small path up to the house. Not once was I going to look back.

Because I knew if I looked back I would see the house and want to return.

I would see him and want to return