| 17 |

I checked the contents of the bag in my hand before opening the door to the small apartment once more. It had only been three days so far, but I was already back into the old pattern of taking care of my dad.

The moment I closed the door behind me I heard laughter from my dad's bedroom. That was odd, he should be the only one home.

"Who are you talking to dad?" I called out as I placed the bag on the kitchen counter and began packing out the medicine and packets of ramen my dad had asked for.

"Ah, he's lovely Pumpkin," dad called back and I let out a small laugh and shook my head at him.

"Has Jihoon come back?" I called out and set over a pot with water, heating over the stove, "should I make lunch for him too?"

"Make lunch for three Pumpkin," dad called back and I hummed.

"Someone must be hungry," I commented to myself, "hospital food is disgusting," I reminded myself.

As I began making the ramen I looked over the medicine I had been down to get. Just checking teh amount of pills and milliliters there were in the various containers.

"Dad? How much of each medicine do you need?" I questioned as I called out.

"Forget the medicine! It tastes awful," he yelled out.

"Why of course," I muttered to myself before turning back to the ramen and carefully tending to it.

As it finished I poured it up in three bowls, just like dad had told me. I hid his pills, in the amount I recall him needing last time, in his ramen before grabbing a pair of chopsticks and walking to his room.

"Absolutely lovely boyfriend you've gotten yourself Pumpkin," dad commented as I opened the door and stopped in my tracks.

"Boyfriend?" I frowned at him and he casually gestured to the side of his bed.

My eyes widened in shock. I wasn't really sure if it was shock of seeing Sunghoon sitting beside my dad, or that he was wearing... normal clothes? Jeans, white t-shirt, blue button up hanging open... suits him to dress less rich like.

"Dad if you don't mind... I think I will take him for a short moment," I excused and placed the ramen down on my dad's bedside table before gesturing for Sunghoon to follow me out the room.

He immediately stood up and walked out of the room, making me close the door behind me as we both stood in the kitchen. I immediately turned to him.

"What are you doing here mr. Park?" I questioned calmly, "what is the emergency?"

"I wanted to see how you lived," he shrugged.

"Oh shut up, why are you here?" I questioned and crossed my arms over my chest, "did you drink again?"

"Wanna sniff my breath?" he let out a small chuckle.

"Why are you here?" I repeated once again.

"Initially I was going to make sure everything was alright," he admitted with a shrug and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, "you weren't home and I spoke with your dad while I waited... I did not expect him to think I was your boyfriend."

"My dad is terribly traditional," I waved it off as I walked back to the food I had prepared, "he wants me to find someone to take care of me before he leaves. Ramen?"

"It does smell a lot more better than the food you've made for me so far," he nodded at me.

"Maybe if you tried shopping at a convenience store once in a while, instead of the weird food boxes you get delivered," I shrugged and pushed the bowl over to him, "go talk with my dad. He sounded to enjoy your company."

He silently nodded before returning to my dad's room, and I slowly followed after him before leaning against the doorway.

"And you're sure Jihoon hasn't been here since I left earlier?" I questioned, stirring in my bowl of ramen with my chopsticks.

"He didn't even stay the night Pumpkin," dad shook his head with a sigh, making me let out a small huff. As if on cue I hard scratching and banging on the front door, "but I do believe he has returned."

I hummed and quickly walked out, placing my bowl on the kitchen counter, and began locking all cabinets and drawers that was in the kitchen as I heard the door open and immediately slam.

"Want lunch oppa?" I questioned and picked up the bowl I had stood with just before, walking over and looking at my brother that stumbled through the front hall.

The moment his eyes fell on me I could immediately see how bloodshot they were. Which meant I had about three seconds to run away. I couldn't run out the front door or out to the bathroom, that would be running straight at him.

As he began charging at me I quickly acted and ran to dad's room, slamming the door and locking it. Short after there was loud banging and yelling on the other door. I took a few steps back and calmly sat at the foot of the bed and watched the door as I carefully began eating my food.

"What a disgrace," dad muttered from behind me.

"Dad!" I exclaimed and turned my head to him.

"What?" he questioned as if he was clueless, "isn't it his own fault? He's been going at it like this ever since your mom left. I can't leave yet. I'm not letting him be your guardian."

"You're not leaving," I shook my head at him, "you said a hundred years to me."

"I said you would be two hundred," he pointed out, "not me. I haven't taken care of myself, neither has your brother, neither has your mom. You're the only who refused all. I'll be gone before the end of the year.

"No, you won't," I stubbornly shook my head.

"I will," he stated and I shook my head once again as I placed my bowl down beside me, giving my dad a piercing stare.

"Alright, come here," Sunghoon stood up from his chair and pushed me over in the corner of the room, grabbing onto my jaw to make me look up at him. He was awfully close.

"What?" I questioned him in confusion.

"Get him back in the hospital," he stated and I frowned at him, "I'll pay the bills, I don't care what you say about it. I'll do it. I'll pay for his medicine."

"I'm not letting you do that," I shook my head at him, as I continously darted my eyes back and forth between my dad and the door that was still banging loudly.

"Look at me," he sternly stated and I forced my eyes back to him, "first of, calm down. Secondly, I'm gonna do it, you can't tell me otherwise. Okay?"

"No," I shook my head at him.

"Oh... man down!" dad called out after the door went silent.

I widened my eyes and ripped my head out of Sunghoon's grasp before rushing over and unlocking the door. As I opened the door my brother, who was laying on the floor, immediately grabbed onto my ankle as he laid and muttered incoherent words and sentences. I let out a small sigh at the sight.

"Wrong day to visit," I commented as I looked over at Sunghoon who just stared at my brother with widened eyes. Looking completely horrified.