Teaser | Part 2

There was a defeaning silence in the office. The only sounds being Sunghoon's breathing, his pen against paper and the wind outside. It was calming nonetheless. No loud sounds interrupting his own little workspace. Or at least that's what he thought until a few knocks was on the door.

"You have guests mr. Park," the voice of his assistant echoed out.

"Who is it?" Sunghoon coldly called out. As cold and closed off as he used to be.

"I don't know... they say they know you... an old acquintance," the assistant excused before he turned to the guest that stood by his side, "don't mind the sir... he's been all weird since his last maid left. His mother said she was good for him and hasn't dared hire another maid since."

"I understand," the guest softly smiled at the assistant.

"Sir, shall I let them into your office or show them out again?" the assistant called out to the door once again.

"I don't care what you do with them," Sunghoon's cold voice boomed back again making the assistant deeply sigh.

"He's so difficult," he complained to the guest beside him making the guest just softly smile at him and push him a bit to the side, "I'm sorry to inform you, but he doesn't seem to be in the mood for guests today."

"Oh he's never in the mood for guests," the guest assured the assistant, "I'll just let myself in."

The assistant looked at the guest in shock as she simply opened the door and stepped into the office and closed the door behind her. Sunghoon immediately lifted his head and let out a deep sigh at the figure.

"I thought I made it clear I wasn't in the mood-" Sunghoon started off as the guest turned to him.

"Guests I know," she hummed at him and brushed the hair out of her face. It reached only her shoulders but Sunghoon still froze in his seat, "I was hoping to talk... not about work. Just talk."

"Why are you here?" Sunghoon questioned in confusion. He hadn't seen neither Sieun or Nari since that wreck of an engagement party two years ago.

"I was hoping to sort things out," the guest excused before quietly walking forward and pointing to the chair across from Sunghoon's desk, "if I may?"

"Of course," Sunghoon immediately gestured to the chair and tidied up in the papers on his desk, still glancing at the guest once in a while. He was in utter disbelief, "what brings you here?"

"I was hoping to start over," she simply replied, "let past be past, but still start over from where everything was alright."

"You... you want to start over?" Sunghoon raised both his eyebrows at her and she simply nodded and looked around the office.

"You didn't change your office," she commented and Sunghoon shook his head at her, "hmm... it's nostalgic, isn't it? Even though it's only been two years."

"Look you need to explain to me what exactly it is that you want," Sunghoon sighed at her making her just nod and look back to him.

"If you're still open for it I'll be happy to accept your offer of moving in," she replied with a small smile on her face, "I realized I might've missed this place more than I intended to... and I must admit that my feelings never ceased."

"Sieun..." Sunghoon sighed as he trailed off.

"It's fine if you're not open for it anymore... I just thought I could at least shoot my shot," she quickly assured him and he just nodded at her.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for you to comeback," he muttered under his breath.

"Two years... 3 months and 19 days," Sieun informed with a small smile, "I thought it was long enough to forget my feelings... it wasn't... but I see it was enough for you to get rid of those horrid carpets."

"I had a maid once," Sunghoon nodded with a small smile on his face, "she told me they were terribly ugly and that I had to get my interior together."

"She sounds reasonable," Sieun commented with a small laugh to which Sunghoon nodded.

"She is... but I realize I've done her wrong so many times in the past... even after she told me that her brother tried to kill her... and after she told me her brother's friends raped her when she was 16... I messed up so many times that I never thought she would come back," Sunghoon shrugged, "but here she is... sitting in front of me. A new haircut and more beautiful than ever."

"Very flattering," Sieun commented in amusement.

"Of course I'll let you move in," Sunghoon assured her, "I've been waiting for you to come back. I told you then I'll wait however long you wanted. I see now I'm done waiting."

"And if you're still open for it... I know... I know the time I was here was all weird and that I've been gone for two years... But I'll like to accept your proposal," Sieun stated and placed a small box on the table.

"I forgot I hid it in your suitcase," Sunghoon let out a small laugh and grabbed the black box and opened it to reveal a delicate silver ring. Small and simple.

"I've carried it with me everyday since I found it," Sieun admitted, "and I'll like to accept it if you'll be willing to-"

"Of course I still want to marry you," Sunghoon snorted at her, "this is what I've been waiting for."

"And your feelings never ceased?" Sieun questioned and Sunghoon immediately shook his head.

"I've seen you every night in my dreams... I dream of how things would've been if you never left... we would've been married by now... you'll be going to university studying to be an architect... I would know how to make ramen," Sunghoon listed making a small laugh escape Sieun as she just nodded at him.

"They were really bad," she admitted making Sunghoon just wince at the memory.

"I know... They were terrible," Sunghoon admitted with a small nod.

"Well... I guess I can go tell your assistant that he can move my things down to your room," Sieun excuse and stood up from the chair.

"Can you come back right after?" Sunghoon questioned making Sieun just look at him in confusion, "I want to hold you again... I missed that feeling for so long... I need to feel it again."

"Of course," Sieun softly smiled at him before walking over to the door out of the office. As she opened it she quickly looked over at Sunghoon and gave him a smile.

Once the door had closed behind her and left Sunghoon alone in his office he immediately let out a deep breath followed by a small laugh. He was in utter disbelief, the girl he was in love with still loved him.

She came back for him.