| 19 |

Sunghoon had insisted I sit in the passenger's seat up in the front as he drove the car. I didn't look at him, not even once. I was pissed, he was pissed, we were both pissed. The tension in the car was overall just impressive.

"I'm sorry," I eventually spoke. My arms were crossed over my chest as I continued looking out at the trees that followed up the pathway to his house.

"Hm?" he hummed, not saying anything else.

"For what you saw," I replied, "I'm sorry for what you had to witness."

"Hm," he hummed once again.

I leaned back in the seat and let out a small sigh as I looked out the window, before just closing my eyes. It felt a bit better after having apologized to him, even though there was no reason. I just felt that he might be a bit... scared from what he had to experience today. Especially with my brother.

"I told your dad I was your boyfriend," he stated as he stopped the car in his driveway, "I think it relaxed him a bit to believe you had done as he asked of you."

"Thank you," I muttered before opening the door and walking over to pull my suitcase out of the trunk.

I pulled my suitcase with me up to the front door and pulled down in the doorhandle, it was locked. Of course it was locked. What did I expect.

"Can you open the door?" I questioned, not turning around to look at Sunghoon.

"Sieun," he called out and I didn't react. I just stood stiffly and stared at the door.

"It's working hours mr. Park," I calmly reminded him.

"Miss Jung, turn around," he stated.

I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes before turning around and looked down at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he questioned and shoved his hands in his pockets as he leaned up against the closed car door behind him.

"Tell you what?" I questioned and straightened my back a bit more.

"Your dad... your brother... the living conditions," he listed.

"Why would you care? A junkie didn't deserve your time nor respect, my dad is an old sick man who you can't earn money from, and I'm a stupid ugly maid," I listed for him, "why would you care?" I questioned and he let out a snort before walking up the steps, till he stood on the step below me, a self satisfied smirk staying on his face while he leaned over towards my face with a cold look in his eyes.

"You really think everything is about money for me, don't you?" he questioned, "didn't I pay for that ambulance? Didn't I double your salary? Paid from my own pocket."

"Okay, so what? You enjoy small charity cases," I stated, "but not once have you treated me like a proper human being. I've either been insulted, been falsely accused of your actions, been restricted from eating during the day. These past three days I've been able to eat lunch for the first time in months. You treat me like I'm some sort of inhumane creature and I'm sick and tired of it."

"I think you should go up to your room, and check of whether or not I care for you or not," he sternly spoke as I could hear the door unlock behind me, "now go before I lose my temper."

I sent him one last glare before walking in and lifting my suitcase up the stairs. I hadn't taken much things with me in the first place, so it wasn't that heavy and I could easily lift it up the stairs.

When I stepped into my room a foul smell hit my nose and I scrunched my face up by the disgusting smell. My eyes fell on an elegant black dress that laid on the bed. It was pretty nonetheless, but it was quickly ruled out by all the bottles that laid around my room. All various forms of alcoholic beverages. Wine, beer, soju, you name it really.

"Did he... did he drink in my room?" I questioned in confusion as I picked up a bottle, it was all sticky.

My eyes fell on a wine bottle that stood on my nightstand, it was empty. But when I had touched it, the liquid, that had been on the outside of the bottle, immediately felt wet. It must've been drunken today.

"He was... drunk when he visited," I muttered in realization, "but... why... how come he acted normal then?"

I ran a hand through my hair before beginning to clean up the bottles and the stains they had left everywhere in my room. I just didn't get why. I didn't get why he had, of all places, decided to sit and drink in my room. What was wrong with his own?

After having cleaned and opened the window in my room I walked down to the kitchen and began warming some milk. I was back at work, which meant I still had these duties, no matter how pissed I was at him in this moment. Pissed and confused.

I readied the tray as per usual before walking up to the usual door, and kicked it three times.

"Yes?" there was something calming and familiar in the way he just coldly called me in.

I carefully opened the door and silently walked in and poured up the warm milk for him, making him just glance at the mug, from his papers.

"Do you want honey in your milk?" I questioned him and he just shook his head, "okay," I hummed and placed two pills beside his milk.

"What's this?" he questioned and looked up at me with a frown and a scrunched up nose.

"Pills, for your hangover tomorrow," I stated and he glanced up at me, "one of the bottles in my room was still wet.

"I don't need them," he shook his head and I sighed before standing still and just looking down at him, "what?"

"I'm not leaving this room before I have ensured you've taken those pills," I shook my head at him.

"I don't want you to drug me," he shook his head and pushed the pills back towards me with his pen, "I don't need to end like your brother."

As he looked down at his papers again I let out a sigh and poked my tongue into my cheek. I quickly snatched the two pills from his desk, making him glance over at me. I quickly shoved the two pills into my mouth and swallowed them.

"Are you completely insa-" Sunghoon exclaimed but I immediately cut him off.

"It was just anti-inflammatory medications!" I exclaimed at him, "quit being so sensitive!"

He arched a brow at me before I turned around and walked out the office once again, to go down in the kitchen and wash the dishes.