| 28 |

I was still wearing my old black dress as I cleaned out the office. I could at least set him off to a good start before I left.

"Mhm, that's very nice Nari. I'll go work now," Sunghoon opened the door before looking down at the tie in his hands, "this damn tie... how was it? Wrap around... thread through... tug in... nope definitely not it," he muttered to himself as the tie looked awfully wrongly tied. He let out a sigh before just pulling the tie off and throwing it on the floor reaching out for something that should be standing on the table beside him.

"Looking for this?" I spoke up and held up a bottle of wine, making Sunghoon freeze and stare at me with wide eyes.

"You... when did you come?" he frowned at me.

"I helped you to your room yesterday, after you decided to go to the cemetery whilst drunk out of your mind," I spoke, "I let Nari stay with you after I got you into bed."

"Ah shit, I'm so sorry," he quickly excused, "I didn't plan on going to the funeral. I wanted to stay away. I promised myself to stay away."

"That didn't go well for you," I simply shook my head at him.

"What did I say?" he questioned.

"That my resignation allowed me to work for you for another month, claimed that I still cared about you... that's pretty much it," I listed for him.

"And you offered to hand in an immediate resignation and told me you resented me," he hesitantly nodded at me to which I simply nodded, "so you're gonna work the month?" a small spark lit up in his eyes.

I didn't say anything, I simply pulled out a paper from the pocket of my dress and held it up to him before unravelling it and placing it on his table before signing it with one of his pens.

"I'm leaving once I'm finished in here," I stated and placed the pen down on the table, "please sign my resignation before the day is over. I've called over secretary Shim to help Nari take care of you, whilst on your hangover."

"Why are you leaving? I don't get it," he frowned at me, "you wanted to stay, you told me you wanted to stay, the morning after there is a forced resignation on my desk, and you suddenly disappear for a week and now you're back for a few hours before you want to leave... for good?"

"I never told you I wanted to stay and I'm leaving for good," I nodded at him and watched as his hand reach over to the door and switfly turned the lock, making a small click echo out in the office.

"You're not leaving before I get a proper explanation," he crossed his arms a cold look returning to his face.

"I'll send you a wedding gift," I assured him, "now may I go?"

"How'd you know?" he questioned and I sighed before leaning back against his desk and crossing my arms.

"Your phone didn't ring, okay?" I questioned and he frowned at me, "your mom stopped by that morning, told me you and Nari was gonna get married and that my dad had passed."

"You lied to me," he realized.

"You used me," I defended, "you knew you were going to marry Nari, but you still promised you weren't going to use me. Yet you tried..."

"I did not try to use you," he shook his head, "everything about it was sincere. I meant all I said that night."

"If it was all true, you would've told me about the wedding, you wouldn't have tried to do what you did knowing I feared getting used in that way. Yet you still tried, knowing everything," I stated making him go silent and just look down at the floor. It was the first time he had expressed any form of shame over himself.