| 2.14 |

I let out a small excited laugh as I rushed down towards Sunghoon's home office, my phone clutched tightly in my hand as the chill air brushed against the bare skin of my legs that still showed under the hem of my pajamas shorts.

"Ah! Miss!" Sunoo called out loud as I grabbed the doorhandle to Sunghoon's office and opened it, "the sir isn't in his office!"

Sure enough, Sunoo was right. Sunghoon's office was oddly empty now that he wasn't sitting in the black leather chair behind his mahogany desk. A frown immediately grew on my face as I closed the door to the office and stepped back out on the hallway, looking down at Sunoo, whose hands were occupied by a laundry basket.

"In his room," Sunoo clarified which only sparked up even more confusion in my mind. I simply refused to believe it.

"Oh..." I nodded as I moved back down towards Sunoo, to the room I recalled being Sunghoon's, "oh and Sunoo!"

"Yes?" Sunoo questioned as he looked back towards me, before walking down the stairs towards the basement where the washing room was.

"40 degrees, 1200 turnings, use the soap furthest to the left," I reminded and he let out a small laugh before just nodding and grinning widely at me, continuing down the stairs.

I quietly continued down to the door to Sunghoon's room, quietly nodding on the door. I felt the anxiety creep up on me as I patiently waited for an answer. When I didn't get any I tried knocking a few more times once again.

"What?" Sunghoon's voice called back, sounding somewhat distracted.

"Sorry, I just wanted to-" I carefully opened the door to the sight of Sunghoon sitting on his bed with his laptop resting on his lap, just wearing sweats and a basic t-shirt, his glasses resting on his nose as his hair was slightly disheveled, he didn't even hesitate to cut me off.

"You don't have to apologize, what did you want to tell me?" he smiled happily as he looked over at me and pushed his glasses further up his nose.

"Uhm... I just... you remember my job interview?" I questioned him and he immediately nodded, setting his laptop to the side.

"How did that go?" he questioned as he raised both his eyesbrows.

"Uhm... they just called," I slowly continued and his smile faltered slightly and a frown grew on his face.

"You didn't get it?" he questioned and I felt my heart pick up its pace in my chest, for some reason.

"I did get the job," I quietly whispered and his face immediately lit up.

"Are you serious?" he gasped and I just nodded as a small smile spread on my face, "Sieun that's wonderful! That's what you wanted, right?" he questioned and I just nodded at him, "and what are they gonna pay you?"

"Enough for me to be out of debt next year... while still being able to save up money every month," I admitted and what sounded like a giggle left Sunghoon and I glanced over at his laptop, "are you working from bed today?"

"No, no, no, come here," he offered and extended his arm to the side as he placed his laptop back on his lap, "come on!"

I let out a small laugh before walking over and sitting down beside him as his arm fell down to rest around my waist, while he opened the browser on his laptop. Immediately multiple real-estate websites showed up and I widened my eyes in shock.

"You said that maybe a smaller house would be better for me," Sunghoon admitted as he turned his head to look at me, "so I wondered... maybe I could take some time off work before you start your new job and we could go look at a few houses, hopefully find one we like and then we can move in there together some time before Christmas."

"Sunghoon I-" I slowly started before being unable to get another sound out.

"It's alright if you don't want to, and this is moving all too fast! I just... I've been daydreaming a bit about it lately and I couldn't really stop myself," he admitted shyly and I smiled softly as I looked over at him, "and I mean... a smaller house would mean I could be around you more and it would be easier to just be around each other than it is in this ridiculously big house... and I don't want to live like a filthy rich CEO, I want to live a normal life, where you can't see the wealth everywhere you turn your head. I want a place that feels like home, and it only really feels like home if it reminds me of you."

I stayed quiet as I looked at the laptop screen, a lovely little house being pictured from its best angles.

"Don't you think you'll miss this place?" I whispered and glanced at him, "you love working in the green house so much."

"Sieun... this is my childhood home. I want to move out more than anything," Sunghoon breathed out and I looked up at him, "the room you're staying in used to be mine... I don't care for the greenhouse, the only thing I like about it is the fact that I was the one who put it there and not my dad. I'll be just as happy in a small one room appartment, as I will in that greenhouse."

I let out a small hum as I thought it through. Sure I was the one who pointed out that he might be doing better with a smaller house, but it also felt so wrong to have him leave this behind. All those memories he had bottled up here, but if the fewest were pleasant memories why then hold onto them?

"Okay," I nodded at him, looking up to see a wide grin on his face, "I'll agree to go look at a few houses, but if we don't find a nice one before I start my job then we'll wait till after Christmas."

"Oh my god I love you," Sunghoon excitedly exclaimed as he looked back down at the website he had open.

I quietly stared at his side profile with a small smile, slowly watching as he completely froze in his spot and turning his head to look at me in shock. Seemingly realizing what he had said.

"I mean... uhm, you know... uh..." he slowly trailed off as I leaned up and pecked his cheek softly.

"I know," I hummed, "I think I might love you too."