| 2.9 |

I quickly walked down the hallway with a file held tightly in my hands. Nearing Sunghoon's office a familiar face, yet a small bit older, peaked up from the secretary desk and I immediately sent him a wide smile.

"What do I owe the honor Sieun?" Jake spoke as he folded his hands under his chin.

"Let me go talk to Sunghoon," I stated and nodded to the door behind him, "and let me meet your girlfriend some day."

"For the first one, he's sitting in a phone call right now," Jake stated and checked the desk phone in front of him, "secondly about my girlfriend, let's go on a double date. Third thing, is he treating you alright?"

"You taught him well," I assured with a small nod that immediately made a wide grin spread on Jake's face, "still a bit hesitant at some points, but not been a jerk so far."

"I know this is completely irrelevant, but he and I have had a lot of dinners at my place for the past two years. He's extremely desperate with making up for everything and being perfect for you," Jake stated, "don't take him back out of pity, only take him back if he is what you need and what is best for you."

"I know," I nodded at him before walking over to the door behind Jake, "now... I'll let myself in."

Jake simply shook his head at me in disbelief as I pushed down the door handle and walked into the office, closing the door quietly behind me. Sunghoon glanced over at me before looking back down at his work, holding his phone to his ear as a frown was deeply etched into his face.

I quietly stood still by the door, waiting for any sign that I could continue into his office. Realizing I hadn't moved Sunghoon glanced at me before waving me over, answering on some question that regarded finances abroad, from what I could understand on his answer.

I quietly strode over and stood beside him as he just reached a hand up and softly rubbed my arm, humming to whoever was talking to him over the phone.

"I'll set a team to look into it," Sunghoon hummed before ending the phonecall and turned to look up at me, "you good?"

"It's just the documents from France," I excused and held out the file towards him, "all translated to Korean."

"You're incredible," a small smile spread on Sunghoon's face.

"And then I also bring the offer of a double date from Jake," I stated and Sunghoon looked up at me with both eyebrows raised at me, like some small kid that didn't think they heard what an adult say properly, "he and his girlfriend, the two of us."

"Are you sure?" Sunghoon whispered and I just nodded at him.

"Only if you want to," I reminded him and he quietly nodded.

"Well... they probably are a more normal pair than we are," Sunghoon reminded himself quietly, making me snicker down at him, "but after what happened last time we were out-"

"Wasn't it Jake that called you?" I questioned and Sunghoon went silent, "I think it'll be fine."

"Well... then I'm planning it. I'll talk to him about it and we'll plan it together," Sunghoon declared and I quietly nodded before looking at the tower of papers on his desk, "you going home now?"

"I don't know," I admitted with a small shrug, "my job interview isn't before Friday, and Sunoo just wants to do his job. I might go a bit around town... it's been a while since I painted. I really don't know."

"You're a bit restless... aren't you?" he questioned and I just nodded at him, "well... if you want to we can have a movie night again tonight."

"Literally all of Sunday was a movie night," I reminded with a small laugh and he just shrugged, "you liked it didn't you?"

"I felt quite relaxed," he nodded at me, "just laying on the couch all day. It was nice," he remarked and I smiled softly down at him.

"So... maybe you should just try and do some more normal things for your age," I remarked, "because I'm sorry to say, when you're at work... you mustly seem like a middle-aged man. It won't be long before you begin getting wrinkles at this rate."

"Then what is the next normal thing on the list?" he questioned and I let out a small laugh.

"So we did... broke college student meal and movie night I think..." I trailed off as I frowned slightly to try and remember what would be next, "grocery shopping at night in our pajamases."

"Alright then," he nodded, "a lot of these are in our pajamases."

"It's a miracle I don't live in one," I remarked, making a small smile grow on his face, "I'll go now then. I'll see you at home."

"Be careful when walking home. go back before it gets dark," Sunghoon reminded and I just nodded at him, "I mean it Sieun. There's shady people out there."

"You're forgetting me my brother was one of those shady people," I reminded and he immediately closed his mouth, "I'll be home before you anyways."

Sunghoon quietly nodded before I ruffled his hair before walking over to exit his office. I glanced over at him to send him a small smile before I left to go wander around the city for a bit before going home .