Ryder 16 - stranger things

friday 6.10pm

Everly slowly extended her hand, before talking. "I accept your apology. Honestly, I do still need some time on forgiving you but I am tired of feeling like this, I'm tired of being held back by this. I want to be able to move forward. So I want to start working on healing. We both were young back then and still aren't adults now either. We both made mistakes and will continue making these in the future. Let's move on from those mistakes and leave these things in the past. But we've gotta be honest with each other from now on. About everything."

A smile made its way onto my face as I grabbed her hand and shook it. "Thank you."

She probably didn't even know how much this meant to me. This all felt like a big weight was lifted from my chest. I couldn't exactly believe that this was happening right now.

Thinking back at that one time in the cemetery a few months ago, I realized once again that all this time I had been in the wrong. I didn't deserve her.

-

After some time I closed my tabs and shut the desktop off. I leaned back in my chair and stretched my arms above my head. It had been a long day and I was hungry and getting a bit moody.

Looking over at Everly I noticed she had organized her desk area too and was waiting for the computer to shut off completely.

I rolled my lower-lip into my mouth, thinking. As she stood up to grab her coat, her phone rang.

"Hey." From the soft tone in her voice I wouldn't have to guess twice who it was. Kendrick.

Honestly, it still hurted a bit to see them two so happy being just together. As far as I knew they weren't in an enclosed, official relationship but they definitely weren't nothing either. But it wasn't like I wouldn't eventually get used to. She deserved everything and I was one-hundred percent sure Kendrick could be that person for her.

"I should go, Kendrick is outside." Everly broke my thoughts walking back into the office.

I nodded my head, "Yeah me too, thanks for today and I'll see you tomorrow." Keeping it short on purpose. I catch her throwing me a surprised glance but I ignored it.

I closed off the cash register and put all the stuff into a safe.

Turning around from the safe I noticed she was still standing by the cash desk as it was next to the office.

"Enjoy your night with Kendrick." I smiled, a little confused as to why she was still here.

I felt her scanning my face as I walked towards her with my jacket, after locking the office.

"Did you have a question?" I asked, raising a brow as I stopped in front of her. Leaning onto the cash desk I put on my jacket.

Her cheeks were a bit flushed as she shook her head, shrugging. "No, I'm sorry I- Uh I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay sure. Be safe." Mumbling the last two words as I turned the lights off. I opened the door for her and locked it right behind us.

"Hey baby." I heard him mumble, just as I turned around. She giggled in response as he put his face into her hair as she was engulfed in a hug. I mentally rolled my eyes but just flashed a grin at them.