Ryder 5 - machinery shop

friday 2.35pm

Kendrick:
You better be home tonight, we're coming over.

Tanner:
you can't act like im the villain bro.

Damn Tanner.

Debating whether I should ditch out on them again or not I came to the conclusion I couldn't stay running from the truth. But that was hard.

Letting out a groan of pain as I hit my head against the engine hood at the sound of my co-worker shouting my name.

Rubbing the back of my head I growled out a grumpy "What?"

"That client of last week is here and he wants to speak with you." A smug look playing on his face.

I groaned as I immediately remembered which one Jason meant. Last time I had been helping him for over an hour.

To say it was annoying to break up your project to help a customer was an understatement.

"I'm busy, can't you fucking help him?" I spat.

"Nah", Jason grinned, "I just told him you were coming to help him."

Rolling my eyes, I tried to wipe off my greasy hands at my pants, as Jason suddenly smirked down at me. I was tallish but he was even a little taller than me.

He ran his dirty hands through his blonde hair as he spoke: "He brought his niece, maybe she is something for you? Kinda short but you're into that, aren't ya? Also I told you we need a seller."

"Cocksucker." I breathed out lowly as I stepped past him.

A loud laugh was his only reaction.

*.•*

Entering the shop I called out to the customer which was nowhere in sight right now.

It wasn't long before I saw him approaching from behind one of the shelves. His niece nowhere in sight.

"I'm sorry for taking so long but I was in the workroom behind." I explained to him.

The man, who was probably around his sixties, smiled at me and waved my apology away with an "It's okay, you didn't take too long."

"Where can I help you with?" I smiled, putting on my fake-as-hell-friendly mask.

"I just need some more stuff for the installing of the radio system."

I nodded before gesturing him towards the shelves that kind of stuff was in.

"Did everything work out well with the stuff you..." I trailed off as I heard the nieces voice.

"Uncle Jake? I think Aunt Elsa would like to have this.."

It sounded hell of a lot like someone I didn't want in my store now.

My mouth hung slightly open at the sight of the clients niece come walking from behind the exact shelve we were walking towards to.

"Maybe she wants it in a-" She spoke, gesturing at the set of car-perfumes she was holding.

Everly.

She looked shocked to say the least, her eyes widened and her mouth opened and then closed again.

I felt myself getting uncomfortable with the thought of her uncle watching us. We were just a few steps apart and it made me feeling weird.

The thing was that I didn't want to be friendly to Everly but I needed to keep this client. He'd always spend lots of money here.