Everly 14.2 - i'm done with us

I go out of my way to please you.

As Kendrick stood up and strolled towards the table of Ryder and Lucinda, I let out a sigh. Looking into the selfie mode of my phone I realized my eyes had gotten red and puffy, not the best look I've ever worn but it's not something I could've helped.

I was definitely not the type of person who liked confronting people. I actually despised it. But Kendrick had convinced me to go talk to Ryder. And to say I was not excited was definitely an understatement.

"Hey." A voice I knew all too well called out, making me turn my head. There he was. Evil itself.

Quickly gathering my stuff I stood up, walking past him but not replying to him. "Hey, how is Jason doing?" I asked Lucinda, as I hugged her.

"He's okay. But the doctors expect it to be around 3 months until he'll be his old self again." She replied. "Mentally he's not quite his old self though, it has been a wild ride.. Mostly for himself."

As I turned around I saw Ryder awkwardly standing there as Kendrick pushed past him. He rubbed his neck and frowned while looking at Kendrick.

Lucinda and Kendrick both sat down on each side of the booth, leaving Ryder and me standing. I looked down at the floor as I felt his eyes burning holes in me.

Walking up to him I stopped right in front of him, trying to not be intimidated by his stare. "Can we talk?"

He let his eyes scan my face, licking his lower lip, seemingly in deep thought. He nodded as he slowly answered, "Yeah."

I rolled my eyes, my fingertips itched as I curtly nodded. The attitude this guy had, didn't he understand that someone would get tired of that eventually?

We walked outside the diner, spotting a table outside where we could talk in private. He leaned against the table, not bothering to sit down. Folding his arms, he watched me.

I positioned myself on the opposite side of him, letting my eyes follow every little movement. Still not having said a single word yet.

"So," He yawned, behind his hand, "What did you wanna talk about?"

Scoffing I looked up at him, "Are you for real? Did you suddenly forget all the things you said to me today?"

His eyes widened, "No of course I didn't."

I saw his eyes zoom over my face, stopping at my eyes. He raised a brow, "Have you been crying."

"Okay." I rolled my eyes, ignoring his question, "I just wanna say a few things."

"Go on." He nodded, looking stressed out.

Struggling to form a proper sentence I couldn't help but notice his worn out look. His eyes barely opened as he looked down at me, the bags beneath his eyes showed signs of his lack of sleep.

"I am done." I finally brought out, cracking my knuckles against each other. "I'm done with us."

"Care to explain?" He raised a brow. He was infuriatingly annoying. I wanted to be the bigger one and keep calm, but that was hard if he kept acting this way.

I sat down on top of the table, having him turn around to face me. "The way you've been treating me on Friday and today..? You're an asshole"

"The way you humiliated me back there, its disgusting." I spat, getting already up in my feels again. "I'm done with it. You've treated me like shit ever since I had shut you down. And I know it probably hurt and it wasn't even my intention to hurt you, you knew I thought it was faked. But the way you got around turning everyone against me? Yeah, that was selfish. If you couldn't have me didnt mean no one could..