Everly 19 - new world

If I believe in love
And you believe in love
Then we could be in love, somehow
If you want the best for us
Like I want the best for us
Then we gotta learn to trust right now

"Ev, Ev, listen up please."

Looking up from the paper I was working on for school, on my laptop, I found Kendrick demanding my attention. I rolled my eyes while a smile grew onto my face. His cheek was covered with chalk as he just got home from work, his hazel eyes sparkled as he stared into mine.

We had been together for around one year and a half now, but his eyes seemed like a never ending source of happiness, dedication and pure innocence. Ever after we got engaged a little less than a year ago he had been my rock, as corny as that sounds. He guided me through ups and downs and made me learn to deal with the hard things in life.

"What's up?" I smiled as I let my teeth sink into my bottom lip. He really was handsome, his signature smirk never leaving his face as I shamelessly let my eyes roam over him. His veins were visible as he leaned down on the opposite side of the table I was seated at.

"God Everly I know I'm irresistible but please can you pay attention to me?" He sighed but added a playful wink after the sentence.

"I was though." I joked, now closing my laptop showing him my full attention was on him.

"To what I'm saying, not me." He corrected himself rolling his eyes. Adding a 'thank you' when he noticed my attention now was trained on him and him only.

"So, I have something to tell you. And it's a bit serious." He grabbed a chair from the table and turned it around so he could sit on it.

"Okay I'm listening.." I said, not quite sure what it was that he was getting so serious about. I hated serious talks like this especially when I didn't know what to expect. Even after being together with him for this amount of time, it still made my stomach clench and my hands sweaty.

"I got a job in Winnipeg" He blurted out, "And I need to move there."

Holy shit. Winnipeg.. that's 1400 kilometers away from our town. 1400 freaking kilometers. Two whole states away.

I watched him in shock, not exactly able to correctly place my emotions right now. "I- You- That's great right?"

"Everly, please hear me out before you say anything." He pleaded, his eyes flickering over my face, looking for any emotion.

"It's a building company, specialized in pre-fab buildings. I have to move there because I have to run the company, the first two months as an assistant to the boss but she's is going to live abroad for two years. She wanted fresh air into her company, that's why she's offered to hire me, an outsider. She got a recommendation about me from Harley, you know, my boss now." He visibly swallowed, making me aware of the fact that even though this was a great, amazing opportunity it also must've been hard for him to come to the conclusion to accept it.

"And I accepted her offer. This opportunity is unbelievable and I don't want to pass it on. I'll have to start there within a month."

My shoulders tensed when I imagined us living so far apart. I didn't want him to move. Him to leave me. I couldn't imagine being without him anymore, every cell and vessel in my body needed him, ached for him. My love for him was something that I sometimes couldn't even oversee.

"Everly?" He caught my attention again, now holding the eye contact between us. Letting me read the bare emotions behind his eyes. "I know that what I'm going to ask you isn't something you should accept right away, but I need you to sleep on it a few days and of course you can ask advice from your parents and friends."