Everly 20 - we let it happen

We let it happen. And you let it go away.
Watch from the side. It's not that simple to blend in with the light.

Shaking I looked at my phone. I quickly pressed onto the screen to send him another message.

E. Ryder?
*message not delivered* - try again

What did he do?

"Hey baby." Kendrick greeted, walking into the living room of our apartment. "Ev?"

"Hey what's wrong?" Quickly walking over to me he pulled me into his arms. "What happened?"

I pressed my face against his chest, biting my lip to prevent me crying.

"I- Look at this conversation with Ryder." I stammered, after a little while. "I don't know what to do."

He sat down on the couch with my phone in his hands. "He- This is what he just sent you? Like there are no prior convo's anymore?"

No, there weren't. I shook my head, "'No. Zero."

*•.*

"Morning baby." He smiled, wiping a strand do hair from my face. "Breakfast is ready."

I hugged him from my laying position, "Will be down in a second"

As I was brushing my teeth, I realized how lucky I was.

Living together with Kendrick had been the most comfort I've gotten in a while. He always was there for me when I needed him.

Even when the things upsetting me were nothing for him to be upset about, but he still listened and gave me advice if I wanted that. And that's what I appreciated the most about him. He literally was my other half.

And when we moved here, to Winnipeg, together he had been the biggest support system ever.

Sundays were our usual lazy days, which we mostly spent together. Either watching movies or doing boardgames together.

Of course, there had been some struggles between us too, but that's life and its normal.

I rinsed my mouth with water and quickly slipped into my nightgown. Septembers were always way too cold here.

"Babe, look." Kendrick said in a light tone as I entered the kitchen.

Shaking my head I hugged him immediately, laughing at the pancakes he'd made with the heart molds we owned.

We laughed and talked while eating our breakfast, and it made me realize.

Kendrick was the one for me, it never could be anyone else anymore. He and his great personality had ruined any other guy out there for me.

"Kendrick?" I asked, nervously laying my fork down.

"Hm?" He replied, distractedly looking up from the food on his plate. "What's up baby?"

The word baby coming out of his mouth still made my heart pound faster, how much love could you possibly have for one person?

"Let's get married." I smiled, my eyes locked with his. "You're the guy I've dreamt about."

He stood next to me in a quarter of a second, grabbing me from my chair as he grinned.

He pulled me into his arms again, my favorite place on earth. He gently put his finger under my chin, forcing me to look up at him. His whole face radiated joy and happiness as he smiled down at me.

"Yeah Everly, let's."

He put his hands on my cheeks as he slowly kissed me. Swiftly moving his hands from my cheeks to my back, to pull me even closer against him.

We melted together for a moment.

Just like we were meant to be.