Everly 12 - take out and problems

Now I'm waking up and I'm not dead
Living off the words I know you said
I feel like I'm alive and I'm gonna make it
Maybe if I cry I don't have to fake it
I'm giving up my pain, so you can take it.

As I was showering I still felt this knot in my stomach I've had for the whole day. The conversation with Ryder kept replaying in my head to the point where I might go crazy every moment now.

Hadn't it been just a few weeks ago where we made up? He even wanted me to stay over at his house when I was sick and he was the best care taker I've ever had.

It felt so unreal, flashbacks coming into my mind every now and then.

My mind also kept wandering off into Kendricks direction. I wondered why. The only thing he did for me was get me from the hospital. I felt so grateful he wanted to be my friend and he had given me his number last night. Otherwise I'd probably have to wait till Cameron woke up or even when Ryder decided to go home.

I stepped out of the shower and started drying myself off.

I hadn't heard from Ryder at all. Cameron had sent me a text asking why I had called but I told him everything was fine now.

As I put on Kendricks sweater my phone made a noise to notify me I had gotten a message. It was Kendrick..

Frowning I quickly put on my sweats, sat down and unlocked my phone to reply to Kendrick.

K.
Hey, are you okay?

E.
Yeah I'm alright, why?

K.
Just wondering ya know, after last night.

E.
I'm kind of weirded out still by Ryders behavior.

K.
Yea. I don't know what happened of course but maybe you want to tell me smth about it?

I sighed, on one side I knew I owed Kendrick an explanation as he had gotten up and driven me home.

On the other side I just wanted to not think about this anymore, which I knew was a false hope because Monday the shop opened up again. And I couldn't ditch om Ryder just because he messed up. I didn't want the business to flop and the customers on Monday weren't exactly the nicest either.

Still debating whether I should tell him or not, I rang him.

It wasn't before he picked up that I realized what I was doing.

"Hi Ev." His deep voice came through.

"Uh- hey?" I stammered. "I- I'm sorry if you're busy. I can call you back later?

He chuckled, "It's fine Ev, what's up?"

I sighed, it was now or never. "Uhm, do you maybe wanna come over later? You know.. to talk everything through?"

"Of course," He replied, "You wanna eat dinner with me? I can get us some Chinese food on the way?"

I smiled, forgetting he wouldn't see. "Yes, that sounds great."

As I originally had wanted to skip dinner, as making dinner wasn't something I was in the mood for, this really sounded great.

-

Some time later the doorbell rang.

Opening the door I saw Kendrick standing there, a grin on his face as he handed me the bag with the food. "There you go, Ev."