Ryder 11 - disturbing the peace

friday 11.14pm

He leaned towards her and whispered something in her ear that made a dark red creep up her neck and slowly make its way onto her cheeks.

She let out a shy giggle as she buried her face into a pillow. He sat back and looked at me with a smug grin that I lowkey wanted to punch off of his face. He made sure I was looking, I figured by his constant need to look at me.

We were currently watching a movie at Everly's. We officially made plans to go watch the stars at the lake but Everly's mom didn't want Everly to go outside a lot and as its getting colder I understood. Her health wasn't the best out there so she needed to be careful.

I liked us being together again. Our friend-group hadn't seen each other in a long time. With Everly being sick and all. Also me fighting with them also hadn't been helping. I now realized I had been really childish and I'm slowly seeing all of the mistakes I made.

I made up with Cameron, it felt like the time before all this mess. He would come over again and we'd play COD until 3am even though we both had work the day after. But we had so much to talk about that it didn't even matter.

But whatever the boys' plan was now. This was not it.

There was this tension in the air that just didn't sit right with me. Kendrick sat a little too close to her for my liking while Mason on the other side just kept having little conversations with her and he kept touching her. It wasn't inappropriately, just friendly but it was just annoying to me.

They both were positioned on one couch while I was sitting on the other one with Tanner and Cameron.

I scoffed, what did I even think. Its not like she's mine or anything. I mean I may lowkey still want her but she can choose whoever she wants. We're just friends, its not like I haven't been hurting her badly for years.

It was weird to me though, they've never properly met before and now they're all just cozying up with her. I will never be that comfortable with someone I've just met.

"Ry?" Her ever so soft, soothing voice sounded over the noisy movie.

I snapped out of my trance only to see the boys and Everly laughing at me.

"Bro, you were staring.. you're creepy as hell." Mason grinned.

I scoffed. "Yea right."

Tanner chuckled, "You were, Ry."

"I'm making popcorn." Everly added to the conversation.

Before I even got the chance to reply Kendrick already did.

"I'm coming." He announced, locking eyes with me as he stood up and pushed her softly to the kitchen.

My gaze was locked on his hands nonchalantly touching her lower back. I stared at the two of them even when they were long gone out of sight into the kitchen.

Would Kendrick be Everly's type though? These thoughts about them came taunting me. He is the type of boy that probably would treat her so good.

Kendrick is that golden boy you always have around somewhere in your life. Like he's the type of boy that is liked by everyone while not even trying that hard. He doesn't play around with girls, he instead focuses on the bigger picture.

He really strives for his goals, while still being aware of his surroundings. He doesn't over-strive, he knows what he's capable of and works with that.

I dont even know what her type is. I mean, how would I know. Its not like I'm her best-friend anymore or something.

"Ryder?" Mason called out. Curiosity laced his low voice.