Ryder 10 - whatever will happen

monday 3.14pm

*phone rings*

Mentally sighing I picked up. Hopefully not again some bitchy ass customer.

"Machinery shop Wells, it's Ryder, what can I do for you?"

"Ry, it's Cam."

"Oh. Why didn't you call me on my cellphone?" Annoyed I put the phone between my ear and my shoulder and cut some wire for the car I was repairing.

"Because you ain't picking that up smart ass." He answered.

"Oh really. Why do you think that is?"

I could almost hear him roll his eyes. "Can we talk tonight? Like I just talked everything trough with Everly and I'd like to do that with you too."

"Okay, fine." I grinned. "But you're getting us dinner from Berry's."

"Sure, if you pay." He chuckled. "Okay but can you pick me up at 8 then?"

"Sure."

-

On our way to Berry's we just sat in silence, I don't even remember a time when it was more awkward than it was now.

"Soo.." I dragged on. "What exactly would you want us to talk about?"

Cameron scoffed, "Yeah right, you're not gonna act like this."

I sucked my bottom lip in. "No I'm not but this is awkward. Say what you want please."

"It was a dick move from us to treat Everly like that."

"Yeah no shit. I clearly am a dick." I checked my right side before turning into the parking lot next to Berry's.

"You are. I had a talk about it all with Everly and the way we acted was not cool. But I also hope you're okay with her."

Was I okay with her? I mean she was at my house when she was sick. And she'd worked with Jase and I too. I guess we were okay?

"I guess so?" I answered unsure. "She stayed over at my house few days ago."

"She did?? Please tell me you didn't do anyth-" Cameron started.

"God, stop. We didn't do anything. She got sick at ours and had a fever, so that's why." I annoyedly added while pulling into an empty parking spot.

He shrugged. "How'd I know, it was just a question."

"I know."

"But you think you're okay? Has she told you she forgave us?"

I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel. "I guess? I mean she never really told me that but she acts like she doesn't have any hard feelings anymore?"

"She's giving me a second chance though." I remembered.

"Thats good. I hope it'll work out." Cameron replied, sounding like his mind was miles away.

"But are we good though?" He asked, sounding whether unsure if he had to ask it.

"It wasn't your fault. The bet was bound to come out any day now. And besides that I shouldn't have wanted to have a say in who you're friends with. Even if you had wanted to sleep with her I shouldn't have judged that. If you're on that page with her I'd say go for it. She deserves someone good like you anyway. I'm sorry for acting that way towards you and talking shit about you towards the rest of the boys just to make myself feel better."

He looked at me like I was speaking Russian. "The hell mate? Who said she does even want me. I think its fair to not even let her want us, I mean she probably doesn't anyway so that's easy. She does deserve the world and I don't think I'm that for her."

"She does deserve the world." I repeated absent minded. The words tasting weird on my tongue.

He nodded, agreeing. "She does. I think neither of us has a chance. She probably would fall for someone like Kendrick. But c'mon man. Let's get some burgers."

She'd probably fall for someone like Kendrick. Why did that feel like he just cut my heart out?

-*.

A/N: please vote and leave a comment!