Ryder 18.1 - changes

wednesday 6.30pm

My phone rang, just when I was putting on the alarm at the shop. There had been some annoyingly late customers, causing me to be late too. Quickly finishing the code I picked up, "Ryder."

"Ry, its Cameron."

Oh, it's Cam. "Whatsup?" I asked, now locking the door behind me.

"Are you coming home tonight? For Thanksgiving dinner?"

"Yeah of course, why?"

"Because I've gotta tell you something in person. Can we have a talk after dinner?"

Agreeing I hung up and quickly ran up the stairs to my apartment. I had to change into something decent and get Lucinda because she was coming too.

Ever since Jason was gone I agreed to Lucinda still staying in his room. It wasn't like she bothered me by being there. Quite the opposite, as she had became one of my closest friends over the past year. I cared for her and I wanted the best for her, and that most certainly wasn't dismissing her from stable housing. She did a lot of cleaning in the apartment too, she worked a part-time job from home causing her to have a lot of free time.

Changing into a black longsleeved shirt and some dark washed jeans paired with my dark green high rise Vans.

In the bathroom I tried to fix my unruly hair with some pomade, but soon gave up. When it was a bit longer, it started to curl a lot, making it impossible to tame it. It fell way over my forehead, the dark brown making my brown eyes stand out a tad more.

Leaning down on the bathroom sink I stared at my face.

I knew Everly might be there too tonight, because her parents and mine were still good friends. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I hadn't quite spoken to her on a personal level lately. Sure we'd gotten along but that's about it.

Almost every day after we were closed, Kendrick came around to pick her up. That annoyed the living shit out of me. I wasn't quite on the same page with Kendrick anymore. Not after I treated Everly this way for so long.

And look, I mean I get it. I probably would feel the same about me if I were him. But its just annoying to have their relationship rubbed in my face so much.

Shaking off those thoughts I knocked on Lucinda's door. "Hey Luce, you ready to go?"

She opened the door almost immediately. Her appearance having me suck in a breath.

She was wearing a stunning maroon dress with complementing high heels. The dress had a high slit showing her long legs, while the top of the dress had a big strap on one side. Making her curvy body stand out more. She was truly beautiful.

"Wow Lucy you look incredible. Are you trying to impress my cousins or what?"

She laughed, shoved me aside and walking past me. A whiff of sweet perfume surrounding her.

"Shut up. You don't look half bad either."

"I see." I grinned, grabbing my car keys from the side-table before I followed her downstairs.

Let the fun begin.

-

After the ten minute drive, we arrived at my parents house. Walking through the lit up with fairy lights driveway, I cracked my brain about who I could expect here.

This October my mom had insisted on hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for friends and family. I'm one hundred percent sure she and my aunt had been cooking for the last two to three days. Knowing my mom she would have invited a lot of people too.