Everly 6 - a conversation

The grass ain't always greener on the other side, its greener where you water it and so I know we got issues, baby, true. But i'd rather work on it with you, than go ahead and start with someone new.

Have you ever been hurt so much that no matter what, you'd still be freaking overthinking it? Because I have.

After Cameron told me what happened between Ryder and Zarah and himself, I couldn't think about anything else but that.

The rest of the night I hadn't been sleeping, so when I thought it'd be time to get out of bed I looked like a new species of a panda with the dark circles around my eyes.

And here I was, fiddling with my phone between my fingers, deciding either I would message Ryder, to talk maybe, or not.

A pro was that I'd be finally getting answers, why he'd hate me so much when he did something like that.

But a con-side was that he'd maybe tell me even more things which may hurt me.

A bitter sigh escaped my lips, what even was there to lose? I was going to work with him either way.

So I texted him, I'd have to take a chance or I'm never ever going to know.

E. Ryder?

Within seconds he replied. So his number was still the same..

R. everly? wassup?

Letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding I started tapping on the screen again.

E. Can we maybe talk?

R. what? u mean like now?

Biting my bottom lip I thought about it, I mean, was I ready? I then texted him the boldest thing I've ever done after her dead.

E. Yeah. Maybe we can go to 'our' place.

R. yea, if thats what u want thats fine

E. Can you maybe pick me up?

R. ofc, be there in five

*.•*

What the hell was I going to say to him? He probably knew what this was about. Cameron is a trustworthy person but when he's drunk he can't hold secrets for sure.

Looking into the mirror for one last time, checking my outfit I got downstairs.

You got this Ev.

I was wearing my favorite black mom jeans and my usual vans and a dark green hoodie. My favorite, most comfortable look.

Tapping my feet against the carpet my mother came out of the kitchen in her jacket.

"Ev? Are you okay?" Her eyes turning worried as soon as she saw me acting so nervous.

"I'm going to meet Ryder, to talk. I'm just a little nervous." I said, not wanting to go into detail just yet.

She bend down and kissed my cheek, "Okay, be safe Ev. I'm going out with dad for lunch."

A small smile appeared on my lips. "Have fun."

*.•*

The rhythmic beating of my heart increased a few beats as soon as I heard him pull up.