9. Nicknames 😛

The engagement function soon wrapped up and everyone went back to their home. Nandini first hit the shower to take a rejuvenating bath and changed into her comfortable pj's. When her back hit the bed, her phone vibrated with an unknown number. She checked the time and it was 11:30pm. She was creeped out. She didn't have the guts to pick up the phone and hence cut it down. Again her phone vibrated with the same number. In a flash of second, she cut down the call. And again her phone vibrated but this time with text. It simply stated hi. And she was sacred. She started to imagine worst stories wherein her phone got hacked and all her photos were leaked and all. All the happiness of the engagement began to fade away.

And her phone rang for the third time. This time, she decided to pick up the call and give an earful for that person who called her. But many relatives too got her number recently owing to the engagement ceremony. So she decided to be patient and calm.

"Hello who is this?" Questioned a bewildered Nandini.

"Hello Nandini, it is me, Manik" he said and instantly relief washed over her. I mean how more stupid can she be! She didn't have his number and when he calls, she assumes him to be a creep. She didn't reply anything for a while as mixed emotions washed over her.

"I am sorry if I creeped you out. My cousin sister was shocked when I told her that we haven't conversed yet. She immediately told me no more like ordered me to call you. I am really sorry" Nandini let out a hearty laugh. I mean how cute he is!

"Its okay Manik ji, I should have saved your number before hand. It was my mistake too. Anyway have you reached home?" duh!! It was already 90 minutes passed their wrap up. But still she was concerned.

"Yes long back and I just took a shower and was about to hit the bed"

"Same thing!"

"Nandini I really enjoyed the day very much. I mean I thought this moment will never happen in my life owing to my commitment phobia"

"I too loved it Manik ji. And the fact that you took an effort to make me wear the ring while on your knees really made my heart skip a beat"

"Mine too skipped a beat when you kissed my cheek. That was totally unexpected "

"Haha your reaction at that time was photograph worthy. I am sure the photographer would have clicked that. I mean you were shocked and stunned at the same time " this time it was Manik's turn to blush. He didn't feel guilty of blushing despite being a man. It is assumed that people will know it is common for a man to feel loved and blush. It's natural. They too have hormones running inside their body, don't they?

"Manik ji you are there?"

"Again ji? No nandini please don't make me old again and again" (dramatic)

"Then how about some nicknames?"

"Nickname? No one has ever nicknamed me"

"Then great I will call you habibi" (Habibi is an Arabic word that means my love referring to a male! Habibti is to refer a female)

"I will call you Nandu" manik of course knew the meaning of Habibi but still wants to surprise her by calling Habibti one day.

"Okay my habibi, its already past 12. As much as I wanted to talk with you,I would love my beauty sleep as well and after the engagement ceremony, I think I love my bed even more"

"I will take it in the right sense"
(Double meaning- first meaning- i am tired and I want to sleep,this is what Nandini meant. Second meaning- I am engaged and I an ready for physical relation)

"You of course know what I meant😝. Okay anyway talk to you later Mani. Good night oops good morning"

"Wow another nickname in a duration of 5 minutes. I love this name too. Good night nandu, sleep tight"

But cut the call eventually but the stupid smile didn't leave each other's face. Both hugged their pillows and slept.

*************************

Yayyy at last a phone conversation for them! Do let me know if you liked it. I will love to hear it from you all. Any suggestions for the story?