32. Missing each other 🥺💔

Sorry that I couldn't update the story. I was held up with my exams and it drained me off. Hope you would understand me.

***********************

That day was gloomy for Manik. He wanted to resolve things between them and he didn't like his previous behavior. She might have her reasons but who is he to shout at her. He might be her husband, but no one gave him the right to shout at her after a long day. Hell. Even if someone gave the right, it didn't feel morally right to do it and he felt bad. Genuinely bad. A small note caught his attention.

Good morning habibi,
I tried telling you yesterday couldn't tell so I am writing notes like this.
I am attending a medical camp in a village which is located at other side of our state. We are taking the forest route and that village doesn't have much network connectivity. Hence my phone will be out of reach for 2 days. Don't worry about me. Inform mom too.

His heart broke. On the other hand, he just screamed at her and she, she is calm and composed. She didn't even write anything related to their argument. He always thought himself to be the matured one, but, only after this incident, Nandini is more matured and he is impulsive. He really didn't like the fact that he couldn't talk to her not text her for 2 damn days. He just want to hear her voice once again. He want them to resolve their issue and get back to their normal self. But no. They have to wait for 2 days.

He was just feeling lost. He know he shouted at her only because of concern but that doesn't justify it. He felt bad for not listening to her. He just accused her without knowing her reasons. She might have actually been busy. He felt bad. He didn't like them fighting. But at one side, he admired Nandini more. She didn't back to back argue with him. She just stayed quiet and answered fewer questions. She knew, arguing back to back will only worsen the situation. When one is hot, other one has to be cold. Let both of them calm down to normal temperature and then resolve things. His mother noticed his behavior. She knew nothing about the fight. In fact, when they were waiting, around 11pm, Manik told Nyonika that Nandini called and informed him that she would be late.

On the other hand, Nandini is as busy. She didn't get time to rest. She was continuously running to ensure that her interns are doing perfect Job. The hospital had also partnered with NGO to distribute sanitary pads to the women of the village. She was distributing along with them and spoke at the gathering regarding the menstrual hygiene and the necessity to break the taboo around it.

But whenever she sat, her thoughts went back to her home. How she wished to stay back and sort out things between them. How she wished to make him understand her perspective and duties as a doctor. But all she could do was wish. That night, they played dumb charades with the interns and had lots of fun. She internally wished for Manik to be with her. But, on the other hand, she felt this separation is important. Only when there is separation, they will realise each other's importance. She also believed time will heal everything. It will heal them too. The next day went off in jiffy and Nandini was bright that day. Why not? She is going to meet him today. She felt like a teenager looking out for her crush! But somehow she composed herself and after checking every items, they returned back to hospital around 9pm. She immediately signed the duty register and went to her home. I am coming Manik!!

************************************

Yayy!! I felt really matured whole writing this chapter. Not all problems has arguments and separation as solution. Some can just heal with the passage of time. Can you all relate to this and understand me?

Hopefully they will soon patch up!
Any idea of how it will be? Please let me know. I will love to see your comments.

Do vote and comment, I would just love that. It really motivates me as an author.

Much love ❤