22. First night! 😳❤

The rituals were over by 1am and Nandini was sent to Manik's room and all the girls accompanied her. With lots of teasing, they dropped her off to Manik's room and shut the door. Mukti  covered her face with veil and made her sit on bed. Nandini had a mixed feeling.

She of course know Manik is a good guy and will take good care of her. But is she ready to give him herself that night? May be no. She was quite exhausted after a long day and all she wants is to sleep. But will Manik understand her? In any other matter, he would definitely understand her. But this is something sensitive. Will he be the same supporting Manik or like any other man, will he force himself on her? (Not generalizing though)

She was definitely not ready. But on the other hand, she didn't want to disappoint him as well. But again, what about her happiness? Her willingness? She was damn confused and the only person who could solve her confusion is Manik. But she didn't want to face him right now. He may be the gentleman, but at the end of the day, he is still a man. Will he respect her opinion? She is already sad after separation from her parents and every thought was now sickening her. Breaking the bubble of thoughts, she stood at the balcony to calm her nerves.

She is being uncertain here. Manik will probably not do anything of that sort. Calm down Nandini! She was taking deep breaths. She was randomly looking at the stars and it somewhat calmed her down. She didn't notice the blanket wrapped around her and a person, in specific her husband, stood beside her. Her thoughts of him forcing her tonight returned back to her and she began feeling nervous, again.

"Nandini, it is quite cold here. Can we go inside?" Asked Manik and Nandini's nervousness grew tenfold. This is the sentence that every man says, before stepping in to the deed! Atleast the man in fiction stories.

"Nandini don't zone out. Come inside" saying so, Manik quickly dragged her inside. She was nervous. She felt adrenaline rush. She wanted to give herself to him only when she is ready. Not because, she must do it today.

"Nandini, don't zone out. I completely understand you and I pretty well know that you are not ready for anything. Just change and let's go back to sleep. You don't have to run away from me because of this" said Manik after seeing the panic struck Nandini. These words did their magic on Nandini. She calmed down instantly. She quickly went to change and after 30 minutes of handwork, she got rid of her accessories and makeup. She changed into a comfortable pajama and went out. But again, confusion striked her! Where is she supposed to sleep? On the bed? Ofcourse! But she has never shared a bed with anyone. Will she be able to do it? You have no other option, considering the fact that this is his room and his bed.

"Nandini, we both are eventually tired and none of us can afford having a back pain after sleeping on the couch. So please trust me enough and sleep on the bed. I will not touch you without your permission" Manik said looking at a lost Nandini. Omg. Is it always like this? She was normal and so was he, but the mere thought of first night, ruined their comfort level.

"Mani, I am sorry about being lost today. It's not like I don't trust you and all. It's just that, I am sad after leaving my parents and while being sad, people generally think in a pessimistic manner. I am sorry about that. I know you won't force me but the sadness forced me to think otherwise. You are right, we both are tired and we must sleep. Good night habibi❤"

Manik was surprised seeing her open up. She is right. Sad mood makes everything sad and negative. The best solution for this, according to him is to sleep. That's what they did. Manik went to his side of bed and Nandini to the other side. Immediately after hitting bed, both of them slept out of tiredness.

Just nothing more happened. No more action, no more speech. Like any other romantic novel, they didn't even cuddle up randomly while sleeping. They had maintained fairly good distance and slept.

That's how eventful their arranged marriage first night was.

************************************

I thought of writing something that happens in actual wedding night. Eventhough Nandini knows Manik well, she was made to think in a different way because of the commodation about men. Not all men are same.

Let me know if you can understand my thoughts and if you feel the same.

Do vote and comment as it means a lot.

Much love