15. The equality 😌

Nandini's pov:
Manik has got a big family. Eventhough it is just him, his mom and dad, he has got a huge bunch of cousins.

Mukti- tomboy sister of Manik. She is a fashion designer. Got married a year before to Abhimanyu and currently lives in Ireland.

Dhruv- soul brother of Manik. He is an architect. Happily married to Alya and lives in Dubai.

Cabir- the only single cousin of Manik. He works as a part time chef in a 5 star hotel and he is a full time writer. He lives in the same city as us.

Navya- as you all know, she is my best friend. She is also single. So, why not set them up? How much fun it would be to have your best friend as a co sister? Omg! Help me set them up. They will definitely make a great pair.

This crazy bunch of people came home a couple of days before and our houses literally looks like a "shaadi ghar" (marriage house). It would be soo much fun with all of us together. I can sense it. But again trouble comes as a bonus. Here the trouble is, we are going to do our wedding shopping!!

Not only his cousins, but also their parents, his parents, my parents are accompanying Manik and me. Just by mere imagination, I am loosing my sanity.

The cousins are split up and got seated in 2 cars.
Me, Manik, Cabir, Navya in one car and
Alya, Dhruv, Mukti, Abhimanyu in another car. Just like us, our parents too got into 2 different cars.
Poor shop keeper, get ready to face this crazy family man!

Since we have lots of shopping to do, our parents split us up. Literally they did. They went to do the shopping for all the elders and guests and sent us to do shopping for ourselves and other cousins.

We have to buy dresses for all occasions- mehandi, sangeeth, haldi, marriage, and then the dress for first day after marriage.

Seems like just 5 dress but with this crazy people, it is difficult. I just found out that Abhimanyu and Dhurv doesn't like shopping just like me. So the remaining bunch is full fledged involved.

"Nandini, go for a trendy dress. Don't be an old school" said the fashionasta Mukti.

"Nandini, go for traditional dress. It will compliment the marriage. You can choose trendy outfits for some other time" said Cabir.

"Guys, calm down. I am choosing traditional outfit only. As cliché as it may sound, I like wearing it for my wedding. Other wise, I am always a mix of modern and tradition only. I am not too much into modern dressing"

"Haha mukti, you lost. I don't know how you did your fashion designing course, I am better than you"

"Cabir, you are gone" Mukti immediately rushed to hit Cabir but he dodged down her effort and hid behind Abhimanyu. He signaled her to calm down and she immediately laughed. Not only her, we all laughed seeing the beautiful relationship between the siblings.

After lots of arguments and bickerings, they finally chose a dress for the bride. Manik too picked up complimenting outfits and billed them up. Nandini paid for her part, but not before an argument. Nandini along with the girls went to trail room. Soon their parents too joined them and finalized the dress.

"Nandu, I know you earn and you want to pay for your dress but this is our wedding. I want to buy you these dresses. I will pay for this"

"No manik. I always believe in equality . I can't let you pay"

"But I want to pay"