18. Mehandi romance ❤

The wedding stage was all set, adorned with beautiful floral arrangements, filled with tasty food, dynamic people who kick started the mehandi ceremony. (I am skipping off other ceremonies and directly jumping to mehandi,  hope you don't mind).

As a thumb rule, the boys were not allowed but our couple's family is quite modern and didn't believe in these rituals. All they want, is the enjoyment and happiness of their children. Since everyone except Cabir and Navya are married, they wanted to be together with their partners.

Cabir too having no other option, struck with Navya, not like he didn't enjoy. May be they are a potential pair 🤔. Everyone sat to adorn their hands with henna and Nandini being the bride has attention of everyone in the family. Each were suggesting some designs. At the end,  they decided to have a grand henna as Nandini loves henna. She sat straight for 4 hours to adorn her hands. Due to lack to time, everyone else too adorned their hands at the same time. Juices, chat items were served.

The husbands fed their wives and the ladies were all smiles. But Nandini could only see them as Manik and she decided against PDA. Despite this being their wedding, she didn't want attention of everyone, which they are already getting, too much!

Nandini was very much hungry and the sight of food in front of her worsened the situation. She quickly went to her room and sat quitely randomly playing songs on her phone. Just then someone knocked up the door.  Assuming it to be her father, she opened up but, the sight in front of her surprised her. It was Manik with a plate of her favourite food. She pulled Manik inside and hugged him 🤗❤.

"Manik!! Thank you soo much " she said genuinely feeling happy and extra happy because  of the fact that Manik came.

"You really thought I won't come for you Nandu? I saw how hungry you were and how you were yearning for someone to feed you food"

"Really so sweet of you Manik"

"You are my responsibility and I love doing these things to you" Manik said making her heart flutter once again. 
And then he fed the food to her. He fed her with fried rice, manchurian, noodles. She literally moaned after eating. Manik just smiled. He really felt very good seeing her happy. For dessert, he brought her some gulab jamun and rasamalai. 

" Thanks Manik"  saying so, she hugged him. She couldn't really wrap hands around him as her henna was still wet, yet she rested her head on his chest and he hugged her. They felt contended. And to disturb them, a knock was heard. But being scared cows, separated out and Nandini pushed Manik to hide somewhere. He having no option, went inside cupboard to hide. And it was damn funny! Imagine a 6.2' figure trying to fit inside a pathetically small cupboard.  Anyway he went it and Nandini opened the door, only to see her mom.

"Mumma" Seeing her, she unknowingly released a breath.

"Nandini , you rest for a while and in a couple of hours, we will start the preparation for sangeeth function "

"Mumma have you really stopped caring about me?"

"Why my dear?"

"Papa fed you"

"And manik fed you " said her mom as usual shocking and surprising Nandini.

"How do you know ma? Seriously!"

"I may be at a distance from you but my eyes will always see you. Did you really think I didn't see Manik entering your room with a plate full of food?! And Manik, come out" Nandini blushed and went to fetch Manik and the poor soul was tightly packed inside and Nandini literally pulled him out!

"Haha Manik beta, that was soo funny! How did you even fit inside the cupboard🤣" Manik sheepishly adjusted his hair and smiled at Nandini.

"Okay now that you have fed Nandu,  go have your food. I don't want you to be hungry" saying so, Shanu watched as Manik leaves the room waving  Nandini bye.

*********************************

Precap: sangeeth 🥳

Guys do vote and comment if you like. It really means a lot to me.
Also let me know, if you liked this chapter!