10. first gift ❤

A few days later, Nandini came back home exhausted. Not even having energy to shower, she quickly ate her dinner and went to bed. But how can sleep come to her easily? She turned and thought about how her life turned after meeting Manik. The girl who wasn't even ready to marry is now marrying a man. Her thoughts broke when her phone rang. She literally screamed 100 years for you manik!! (Some do believe that if someone calls you when you were thinking about them, they live for 100 years. I know its stupid but let's assume that Nandu too believes that). She spoke excitedly to Manik.

"Hi manikkkk!!!!"

"Woah I thought someone must be tired after a long day"

"No I was tired"

"Was tired? Then I assume my call cheered you up" he replied with a smirk. Nandu couldn't stop blushing.

"Don't blush when I can't see you"

"How do you know I was blushing"

"C'mon I am not that dumb. Okay can you come down?"

"What? Now? No. Wait are you downstairs" she quickly peeked through the window only to see him leaning against his car.

"Yes. Now that you have verified i an down, come meet me"

"Manik!! You didn't even look at me when I saw you. How do you know I saw you"

"Nandu my dear, I can sense it okay. Now come down"

"Manik, my parents are downstairs. I don't want them to catch us"

"My frightened kitten, come down. I am dying to see you"

"You call me whatever names, I will not come down. Do whatever you want"

"Okay then I will ring the calling bell, wake your parents and then with their permission take you out. Is it fine?"

"Manik you wouldn't do that"

"Try me Nandini"

"Urghh you are soo annoying. Manik try to understand that I am in my night wear, I can't roam around like this"

"That's even more better. Come down. Don't test my patience"

Nandini cut the call and then wrapped her dupatta around her. She was wearing pant and tank top. Even though it is pretty normal, she didn't want him to see her like this. Atleast now. She took her phone and silently went down. Manik was obviously staring at Nandini. It is the first time, he is seeing her like that. She was always wearing ethnic.

"Wow you look good" said Manik and Nandini in reply only rolled her eyes.

"Manik seriously! I am in my night wear wrapping a dupatta around me like my life depends on it and you are telling me, I look good. Go get your eyes check Manik"

"My eyes are pretty good and you really look amazing in this avatar"

"Okay fine why did you call me down and first of all, what are you doing here?"

"Oh thanks for reminding me. Nandini close your eyes"

"Manikkk noo." Nandini was stubborn and didn't close her eyes. Manik suddenly took the edge of her dupatta and tied her eyes. In shock, Nandini held his arms. Manik then took her hand and kept a small box on her hand.
Nandini quickly removed her blindfold and saw her hands. She was surprised seeing a small box wrapped in gift wrapper.

"Wow thank you manik. What is it?"

"Open and see. I am not really sure if you like it" he said scratching his neck.

Nandini quickly opened it and saw a beautiful pair of earrings. She squealed in happiness.

"Wow manik. This is really beautiful. I love it. Thank you soo much Manik" saying so, she did something that was totally unexpected. She kissed his cheek. Manik was too much surprised to react and Nandini was too much shy to even look at his eyes. She quickly whispered him  bye and ran inside her home. Manik was very much surprised and kept his hands in the place where she kissed. He smiled and then started his drive back to his home.

That moment was something special for both of them and that replenished all their lost energy. Some magical moments do exist in arranged marriage!!

*********************Hi all! Hope you are liking the story so far, do vote and comment if you like it

Hi all!
Hope you are liking the story so far, do vote and comment if you like it. Inline comments are ❤.

Guys just a small query, please answer. PLEASE.
How long do you prefer the chapter
1. Short (less than 600 words)
2. Medium (600 to 999 words)
3. Long (more than 1000 words)