25. take a picture, it lasts longer! 😍

A/N: I initially thought of writing 40 chapters but seeing your response, I guess I will have to write more. I don't think I can write 100 part story, wait can I?

*********************

The next morning, as usual, Manik woke up first. He was surprised seeing Nandini in his arms, that's when he realised, they are married and she is his wife. He smiled at the mere word wife. How strange yet warm the word felt! He is now a husband to a girl!

He chuckled his thoughts and went to freshen up. His mother has strictly ordered them to take leave for atleast a week knowing the fact that both are workaholics. He wrote a note for her stating,

Going for morning jog. You look angelic while sleeping and I didn't want to wake you up.

Nandini woke up after a while and her eyes first fell on the note. How sweet of him! She too quickly decided to freshen up. Since there weren't any elders, she decided to wear a Jean and white kurti. Just like her routine, she took hair bath wore her clothes and came outside. She doesn't prefer using hair dryer as it leads to hairfall (just like me😝) and towel dried her hair. She was very much involved in drying her hair and didn't even notice her husband standing behind her, seeing her through the mirror. When she realized his presence, she turned around to take a look at him. And man! She couldn't control herself from staring at him. He stood behind her, without wearing a shirt with drops of water revealing that he had just then showered!

"Take a picture, it lasts longer " smirked Manik and Nandini just wants the ground under her to open up and swallow her. She felt extremely shy and embarrassed. She was about to run away from the room, but he pulled her to himself by holding her arms. She landed straight on his bare chest and held his torso for support. She didn't even look at his eyes. She just found that the flooring of their room is interesting. But wait, who is she kidding?

"You can stare at me and you don't have to feel embarrassed. We are husband and wife and we are allowed to do much more things than just staring " said the bold Manik and Nandini almost felt her face redding up. It is not common for Nandini to blush, but with this man, it is becoming like a routine. He always finds his way to flirt, of course not like a creep.

"Shut up" came from Nandini after what seemed like eternity. Manik released her from his hold and Nandini went near the dressing table to wear her accessories and sindhoor. Manik too went quickly and wore his T- shirt. Just when she was about to apply sindhoor, he gently took it from her hands. Nandini stared at him. She didn't know what to do. He simply took a pinch and applied it to her partition. She felt contended and closed her eyes. It is absolutely true that somethings can be felt only by heart and not seen by eyes! She felt that special. She grew up watching Indian soaps and reading novels that always clichés this moment and she always felt it over-rated. But when it happened to her, she felt it. It was truly blissful. She was smiling to herself and found herself leaning on to Manik, back resting her head on his shoulder. Manik too back hugged her by holding his waist.

"Nandini, what do you want to eat?" He mumbled but she was too lost to hear that. He shook her shoulders and that's when she came out of her fantasy land.

"Huh anything"

"Tell me, what do you eat generally for breakfast?"

"Aloo paratha or vegetable sandwich"

"Fine. I will make you aloo paratha. Do you want to join me in the kitchen?"

"Of course" that's how both of them ended to the kitchen together. Manik is an excellent cook, atleast that's what she heard from everyone. But she hasn't personally tasted his food. She is a firm believer that none can make better aloo parathas than her mom. But the moment she tasted his, she knew, this man is truly made for her. She is a catastrophe when it comes to cooking and this man! This man is a true chef.

"This is the bestest aloo paratha I have had. You are truly a wonderful cook Manik" beamed Nandini out of satisfaction and Manik too felt happy hearing her words. I mean, who doesn't like appreciation from our loved ones?!

****************************

Precap: 20 questions 😍

What do you think would be their 20 questions?

Guys hope you all liked this chapter. If so, please vote and comment. I love hearing it from you all :)