13. calming the beast ❤🔥

Nandini took a day off as her mother wanted to spend some quality time with her. They had a lovely mom daughter time. Shanu made lovely food and nandini complimented those by making the only dish she knows- brownies! No matter how much disaster she does in cooking, she bakes perfect brownies. And topped with vanilla ice cream, it is heavenlicious!

After that, both the queens went to temple and went to do shopping for their home

After that, both the queens went to temple and went to do shopping for their home. They brought cute little ganesha idol for Nandini to always carry. They also brought a new dream catcher. Just then a plan popped in Shanu's mind.

"Nandu, why not you go to Manik's office and give him your brownies. I am sure he would love it after a long day. Go spend some time with him Nandu "

"Mumma I doubt if you are my mom or my friend ma"

"Both my dear. Now go"

Nandini happily left with her brownies to meet Manik. It was almost 5pm and hence she decided to go to his office. During the engagement, many office members attended and hence they all knew who she is. The receptionist greeterd her with a smile and let her inside his cabin. Nandini made a silent prayer and knocked his door.

"Come in " Manik literally roared making Nandini jerk a bit. Oops wrong timing, she thought to herself! Manik assumed her to be his pa and screamed his orders to her.

"Maya are you done with the presentations? How long will you take?"

"Manik" after realizing a different voice, Manik at last took a look at that person. There stood the queen!

"Nandini"

"Is everything alright Manik?"

"I am sorry that I screamed at you Nandini. Its just that, one of the employees leaked our company's confidential information to our competitor. And if I am not submitting the new designs tomorrow, our company will loose a million dollar project" Nandini looked shocked but didn't want Manik to loose his confidence.

"Manik listen. Just a second. Have these" she said offering him the brownies.

"No nandu. I don't have time for this. I will have later. Thanks for the offer"

"Manik. Take a break. Eat this. You will feel better. I am sure you skipped your lunch. I will help you Manik. You please eat"

The fact that someone will be there with him instantly made him feel better. And the smell of the brownies were even more tempting to him. The brownies topped with chocolate sauce were heaven to him ❤. Manik moaned after eating the brownies.

"Nandu, this is the bestest brownie I have ever had in my life

"Nandu, this is the bestest brownie I have ever had in my life. Where did you get it from Nandu? Tell me. I will also henceforth buy from there "

"Manik what if I say, I did it?"

"Haha. I will not believe. I know that you don't know cooking"

"But I know how to bake brownies Manik. I did it. Really. "

Manik was surprised. He quickly ate the brownies and resumed his work.

"Manik, now tell me what should I do"

"You don't have to do anything Nandu. Its already getting late. You go home"

"No manik. I really wanted to help you"

"Okay. Please proofread these papers and check for any grammatical errors. If any, please correct it"

"Sure. You do the remaining works okay"

Manik nodded and both worked for a while. Just then, his pa came.

"Sir. Manager Harshad came sir"
(Harshad is the culprit who stole the confidential matter).

"Manik, who is Harshad?"

"He is the culprit"

"Let him in"

Harshad came and look down. He literally begged Manik to forgive him.

"Sir I am really sorry sir. I will not repeat my mistake once again"

"Who is going to give you another chance? I will make sure that after you are terminated from here, you will not get job anywhere. I promise to ruin your career" Manik roared and Harshad looked ashamed.

"Sir I am really sorry sir. Please don't ruin my career. I have a family to run. My family will come to streets if I loose my job sir"

"You should have thought this before doing the crime. I am calling the police right now and you are getting arrested" Harshad cried. Nandini signaled Manik to send him out for a while.

"Get out and wait outside" He exited and he couldn't look or think straight. Manik on the other hand was buring in rage.

"Manik. I have a small suggestion. I understand you are angry but don't let your anger let your rational thinking down"

"What are you saying Nandini?"

"Manik, terminate him from your company but don't ruin his career Manik. Everyone has their own problems"

"How can I let him Nandu?"

"No Manik. It's not like that. Calm down and please don't take serious actions against him. His family doesn't deserve this. Terminate him but don't lodge a complaint against him" Nandini said while holding his hands. Manik calmed down with her touch and thought from her perspective. She is actually right. He did according to her words. As promised, she was with him until he completes the presentation. That was when he realised, this girl is something different!

***********************************
Precap: first hug ❤

Hope you guys liked it. If so, please do vote and comment. It means a lot to me. Did you like this version of MaNan?

Question of the day: Do you like brownies? Coz I love them 🥳❤