35. My wife 😍❣

The day of award ceremony reached but our Manik and Nandini hadn't resolved their issues yet. Nandini decided to go to her parents house to get ready as she spent the entire day with Navya cherishing herself with excellent massage and facial from the nearby beauty parlor. She felt fresh and decked up to attend the function. It was definitely a big day for her and she didn't want any thoughts to ruin her day. She didn't even put her usual ornaments like Mangalsutra and sindhoor! Someone is very much angry, I guess. She looked out of the world in her black dress.

It seemed perfectly fit for her and she paired it up with stunning diamond set

It seemed perfectly fit for her and she paired it up with stunning diamond set. She looked pretty. Soon she reached the venue with her parents and Navya. Immediately after entering, she saw how men were gawking at her. It kinda gave her some satisfaction.  Like she took efforts to look pretty. When it is paying off, why wouldn't she be happy? Her mind again wavered to Manik. Eventhough, she was the one to give him silent treatment for 2 days, she felt bad. But at the same time, she felt rage. He didn't prioritize her. She sided her thoughts and talked with fellow members. Being an introvert,  she didn't interact much. She simply heard from fellow people and some doctors who were really crisp in their speech. Now came the time, everyone waited for. The best doctor award.

"Ladies and gentleman, let's now welcome Manik Malhotra,  the leading businessman of India to present the best doctor- ob/ gyn department to Dr. Nandini Murty " the entire crowd cheered for them and Nandini couldn't even believe her ears. She is receiving the award from him!! Her husband,  her Manik!! How good it felt. But why did he hide this from her? She would have been really thrilled if she knew it earlier but this is kind of a surprise and she couldn't ask for something better. She smiled and composed herself and went to the stage. 
He gave the award and Nandini couldn't help but flash all her teeth. All her sour mood faded away in an instant. He mouthed her,

"You could have heard me out, couldn't you. Anyway how is the surprise?" He smirked and out of nowhere,  Nandini blushed. She felt blood rushing to her cheek out of embarrassment.  Instead of giving him silent treatment,  she could have just heard him out. Their little moment was broken by the host.

"Any words doctor?"

"I first of all thank my parents for supporting me all this while and people for believing me. I am just overwhelmed with this award and it pushes me to work harder for this society" said Nandini switching back to her professional mode. Manik admired her at that moment.

"Congrats Dr.Nandini, wishing you all success" Nandini mouthed a thank you and she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Sir and ma'am we request you both to stay on stage as the next award is for best businessman of the year and it undoubtedly goes to Manik Malhotra sir!!! I request Dr. Nandini to hand over the award to him" Nandini was shocked.  He didn't even tell her he is getting an award. She gave an angry stare to him and he smirked. The guts of the man to smirk.

"Thank you soo much for this award and this one particularly is very close to me and special too. I am just honored to receive it from my wife and I feel delighted as a husband " the crowd went crazy after this words and Manik slowly wrapped his hands around Nandini's shoulder.

"Sorry that many couldn't be invited and we really wanted a private time post wedding but right now, this opportunity feels correct to let you people know this. Yes, many of you have questioned us since that Instagram post (the one which Nandini posted during the dares - My man with or without shirt) and most of you know it to be prank but yeah, this is the truth" the crowd cheered for the couple and Manik and Nandini have a deep eye lock after descending the stage.

****************************

Yayy a happy chapter!

Did you guys like this chapter? If so, please vote and comment

Did you like the way in which Manik surprised Nandini and the dual awards, omg!

Did you like the fact that they have atlast made a public announcement regarding their wedding?

Let me know your thoughts, I would love to hear it from you all

Much love ❤

Target 180+ votes, some love in form of comments ❤